ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Withdraw COS application from SMS HELP!

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ivyy
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Withdraw COS application from SMS HELP!

Post by ivyy » Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:12 am

Hello everyone,

I'm under 26 as a new entrant and my salary is only £26k.
My job code is 3411 on Shortage Occupation List, I'm having my internship with Tier 5 GAE visa now. They want to apply for Tier 2 for me.

They applied for a 5-year COS application on SMS last week. However, as on the website, it shows "You’ll usually need to be paid at least £30,000 per year or the ‘appropriate rate’ for the job you’re offered - whichever is higher."

I'm concerned if 5-year length won't fit the qualification of 'New entrant'. Does anyone know what is the appropriate salary for "experienced workers on Shortage Occupation List"?

If so, I was thinking could my company withdraw the current application on SMS and re-apply for a new one before next allocation? My current Tier5 GAE visa will be expired on June 1st. The allocation of May will be the last chance for me to get my COS before I leave.

Any helps, please?

Thanks very much!

cyclina1
Hong Kong

Re: Withdraw COS application from SMS HELP!

Post by cyclina1 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:29 am

3411 Artists Example job tasks:
• conceives and develops ideas and ways of working for artistic composition;
• selects appropriate materials, medium and method;
• prepares sketches, scale drawings or colour schemes;
• builds up composition into finished work by carving, sculpting, etching, painting, engraving, drawing, etc.;
• approaches managers of galleries and exhibitions in order to get finished work displayed;
• uses artistic skills to restore damaged artworks;
• liaises with writers and publishers to produce book illustrations;
• markets and sells finished work directly to customers;
• produces works on commission basis for clients.

Related job titles:
• Artist
• Illustrator
• Portrait painter
• Sculptor

Salary rates:
New entrant: £18,600

[Source: Annual Survey of Hours and Earnings 2014 ( no 2015 or 2016 equivalent data available)]

Experienced worker: £23,200

[Source: Annual Survey of Hours and Earnings 2016]

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... illed-work
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice.