ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA family member Residence card - Name change

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

dogbytes
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

EEA family member Residence card - Name change

Post by dogbytes » Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:52 am

My wife, non EU citizen, is the holder of a EEA family member British residence card. We both live in the UK, Irish citizen myself.
She recently renewed her passport, and changed her surname to be the same as mine.
Her residence card still has her maiden name.

I'm struggling to find online if she is legally required to apply to change her name on her residence card, and if so, what form she needs to fill in.

Can someone please advise ?

thanks

dogbytes
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: EEA family member Residence card - Name change

Post by dogbytes » Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:40 pm

I finally found the appropriate contact number at the Home Office for this query, they told me that there is no need for her to change her name on her residence card as it's EEA. She just needs to bring marriage cert when travelling as evidence of name change on her passport.

Enka2018
Slovakia

Post by Enka2018 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:17 am

Hi Dogbytes,

I also am planning to change name, but in my case only split my first two names into name and surname. I am also wondering if I have to notify home office about this change and if there would any problem with my residence card.

Enka2018
Slovakia

Post by Enka2018 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:51 pm

https://deedpolloffice.com/change-name/who-to-tell/brp

here it is written that EEA residence card of EEA family members there is no need to change.

eyps1213
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by eyps1213 » Tue Feb 26, 2019 3:12 pm

Hi @dogbytes, can I have the number you contacted about your wife's EEA residence. I have the same situation. Thank you.

hughie33
Newly Registered

Post by hughie33 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:53 am

Hi

We are in a similar situation, my wife has updated here passport with her married name and we are currently outside the UK, has anyone put this to the test?
She will be traveling back with her old passport so I am not overly concerned about this, but know how picky the border agent can be.

Satyam29
Newly Registered
India

Post by Satyam29 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:24 pm

Hi i am in the situation too by any chance can i have the phone number too.
Thanks