ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Salary change - payslips required

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

vish86
Newly Registered

Salary change - payslips required

Post by vish86 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:52 am

Hi,

My salary is going to be increased to £35500 from May'18. I am hoping to apply for my ILR by mid-June. I understand I need to submit 3 payslips with my application. Is it ok to show my latest payslip with £35500 gross salary and the previous 2 payslips with my old salary which is lower than the required salary for ILR?

Thanks
Vish

cyclina1
Hong Kong

Re: Salary change - payslips required

Post by cyclina1 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:44 pm

vish86 wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:52 am
Hi,

My salary is going to be increased to £35500 from May'18. I am hoping to apply for my ILR by mid-June. I understand I need to submit 3 payslips with my application. Is it ok to show my latest payslip with £35500 gross salary and the previous 2 payslips with my old salary which is lower than the required salary for ILR?

Thanks
Vish
If the difference is not very huge, it should be ok.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice.

bcilr18
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by bcilr18 » Thu May 10, 2018 10:03 am

Why do you think if there is a huge difference there would be a problem?

CMOSUK
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by CMOSUK » Thu May 10, 2018 10:16 am

vish86 wrote:
Hi,

Thanks
Vish
It would help if you could post what leave to remain. You are and your full immigration history in general.

Depending on which route you are on this may or may not be an issue.
These are my 'views' and 'opinions'.
If in doubt always seek professional advice, or at least do a search for the relevant information. :P

If i make any mistakes, You are more than welcome to correct me.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu May 10, 2018 10:22 am

CMOSUK wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 10:16 am
vish86 wrote:
Hi,

Thanks
Vish
It would help if you could post what leave to remain. You are and your full immigration history in general.

Depending on which route you are on this may or may not be an issue.
OP is on Tier 2 General visa, so the minimum threshold applies.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu May 10, 2018 10:23 am

bcilr18 wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 10:03 am
Why do you think if there is a huge difference there would be a problem?
Because it will be an instant red flag to HO as a sudden large increase only to meet the ILR requirement. The application for ILR will likely be held and the sponsor can expect an HO visit.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

bcilr18
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by bcilr18 » Thu May 10, 2018 10:43 am

But the HO is asking for only the most recent payslip which is a month old payslip and a month old bank statement showing the same amount as on the payslip. (As in the guidance it says, you do not require any more evidence to prove that minimum earnings threshold) So how else can this cause a problem if the requirements are met accordingly?

For example: Let's say a Tier 2 General candidate has started his employment with a salary of £20000 for 3 yrs and never had an annual increase and then on his extension for further 2 yrs had a salary of £24000 with no annual increase. And now the candidate's experience and skill sets have improved making the employer to give him a good pay of £35500 or more irrespective of meeting ILR's requirements. How is this going to be flagged up? and what will the HO check on the visit? Has there been any such case till date? I am just curious to know so the outcome will help the rest in such cases.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu May 10, 2018 10:57 am

bcilr18 wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 10:43 am
But the HO is asking for only the most recent payslip which is a month old payslip and a month old bank statement showing the same amount as on the payslip. (As in the guidance it says, you do not require any more evidence to prove that minimum earnings threshold) So how else can this cause a problem if the requirements are met accordingly?

For example: Let's say a Tier 2 General candidate has started his employment with a salary of £20000 for 3 yrs and never had an annual increase and then on his extension for further 2 yrs had a salary of £24000 with no annual increase. And now the candidate's experience and skill sets have improved making the employer to give him a good pay of £35500 or more irrespective of meeting ILR's requirements. How is this going to be flagged up? and what will the HO check on the visit? Has there been any such case till date? I am just curious to know so the outcome will help the rest in such cases.
It is has nothing to do with submitting a payslips and bank statement and everything to do with people getting increases in excess of £10,000 a month or two before applying for ILR, only to meet the requirement (some even had salary dropped back down after ILR), so HO is very aware of the abuse in this regards and it raises the 'genuine vacancy/job' question too. If you are worth £35k for ILR, why were you not worth that prior to ILR.

HO will want to check records to see if all employers in the organisation also benefited from large sudden increases and if it is only the one or two tier 2 general employers, then a lot of scrutiny will occur.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

bcilr18
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by bcilr18 » Thu May 10, 2018 11:19 am

I understand the abuse of the system by dropping the salary once ILR is granted. Which is why they are asking to certify 3 main things by the employer: Foreseeable future, Salary will not be reduced after ILR granted and absences from UK. If certified the above then that should satisfy, however if any scrutiny required can be taken care of for genuine applications.

And yes, the rest of the employees along with the Tier 2G employees' salaries have increased significantly due to good profits. And do you think by reporting these increases via the SMS will be supportive of ILR applications?

bcilr18
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by bcilr18 » Thu May 10, 2018 11:59 am

@ vish86 - I would like to know your views as well on this and have you booked your date? or posting your application? Are you going to provide all 3 payslips? or just the one for May? Did you gather any more information regarding this? What is your opinion on CR001's response to this conversation?

Thanks

crazy_p
United Kingdom

Post by crazy_p » Thu May 10, 2018 12:48 pm

Hi bcilr18,

The thing CR001 trying to explain is, a sudden hike might trigger a red flag on HO end and they will put on hold your application and visit your sponsor to check everything you are saying here are genuine. Simple as that.

You are saying profits gone high, others got the same hike, etc. If this is a genuine hike, after a visit, they will proceed with the application.

But prior to a visit, case worker doesn't know about profits, hikes, etc. Only thing he knows is, there is a sudden increase (just before a month or two) prior to the ILR application. Why couldn't they give this increment earlier? These questions are there and he needs answers. So the best option is, hold your application and visit the sponsor or email the sponsor. Simple!

I've seen so many cases with sudden hikes and all their applications are put on hold.

If your salary changed, it is your sponsor's responsibility to update that via SMS.

bcilr18
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by bcilr18 » Thu May 10, 2018 4:24 pm

Hi crazy_p,

Thanks for showing interest in this topic. I would still like to debate on this as I have brushed through the forum who are facing the similar issue. And none of the them threads have confirmed that their applications have been held for the said so. Also neither of them have confirmed that their applications have been successful.
However there was one particular case which had an issue of not meeting the threshold - and that candidate has actually mentioned the conversation he had with the caseworker - and was told that if he could get the appropriate pay in the following month and show the payslip and bank stmt reflecting the new pay - he would be granted the ILR based on that.
Also would like to know the situation of the person @vish86 who raised this topic.

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu May 10, 2018 4:30 pm

bcilr18 wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 4:24 pm
Hi crazy_p,

Thanks for showing interest in this topic. I would still like to debate on this as I have brushed through the forum who are facing the similar issue. And none of the them threads have confirmed that their applications have been held for the said so. Also neither of them have confirmed that their applications have been successful.
However there was one particular case which had an issue of not meeting the threshold - and that candidate has actually mentioned the conversation he had with the caseworker - and was told that if he could get the appropriate pay in the following month and show the payslip and bank stmt reflecting the new pay - he would be granted the ILR based on that.
Also would like to know the situation of the person @vish86 who raised this topic.

Thanks
Recently a member was refused for not meeting the requirement by £60.

If you look at the link below, some members have posted their frustrations there.

indefinite-leave-to-remain/ilr-peo-defe ... -1740.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)

GMO
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by GMO » Thu May 10, 2018 10:47 pm

Definitely, it will be a red flag by HO. One of my very close friend's ILR premium service application was held for almost 12 months because of the exact same issue. No matter what explanation or logic you showed..HO won't convinced with so much hike just before a month or 2 or even 3..before ILR.

You sponsor must have to report it via SMS. and if you are lucky enough then you may pass..but chances are very low to ne honest. anyways good luck..never say never!

bcilr18
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by bcilr18 » Fri May 11, 2018 9:07 am

Thank you for the information CR001 and GMO. If I get paid in my account for the month of April on May 4th. Is it 10 days from 4th May that the change needs to be reported by my sponsor via SMS?

GMO
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by GMO » Sat May 12, 2018 12:14 pm

just report it without any delay.and all the best.give us the update :)

bcilr18
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by bcilr18 » Mon May 14, 2018 9:09 am

Just to update - it has been reported via SMS on 11th May
Got paid for April on 4th May
Payslip processed date 30th April
10 working days from 30th April is 15th May
Premium appointment 17th May

bcilr18
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by bcilr18 » Mon May 14, 2018 11:11 am

I am also requesting a letter from my employer to explain the increase in salary as mentioned in this post by @annanag.

indefinite-leave-to-remain/regarding-su ... 50639.html

GMO
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by GMO » Mon May 14, 2018 3:52 pm

good (Y)..When are you planning to apply?

bcilr18
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by bcilr18 » Mon May 14, 2018 5:13 pm

Premium appointment 17th May. Did you apply and di you get yours approved?

GMO
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by GMO » Tue May 15, 2018 2:02 am

bcilr18 wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 5:13 pm
Premium appointment 17th May. Did you apply and di you get yours approved?
All the best. Please keep us updated :) No I haven't applied yet but from this forum you may get to know many people and their experiences.

manpreet111
Newly Registered

Post by manpreet111 » Thu May 17, 2018 2:22 pm

Hi Bcilr

Did you got ur ilr approved today. Share yiur expereince and docs submitted

bcilr18
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by bcilr18 » Fri May 18, 2018 9:25 am

No,

They said application is valid but need to do further enquiries and will pass the case to the enquiries team. Kept my passports and all docs and said will post it back special delivery once decision is made.

crazy_p
United Kingdom

Post by crazy_p » Fri May 18, 2018 10:24 am

bcilr18 wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 9:25 am
No,

Application is valid but need to do further enquiries and will pass the case to the enquiries team.
100% due to the sudden hike. Better prepare yourself and ask your sponsor to get ready with genuine, logical reasons for the hike. Better if you can prepare paper work for these too. (Agreements, contracts, etc)

Highly likely a visit to be expected soon. Or an email to your sponsor.

Make sure the sponsor is carrying out all the necessary (responsible) things he supposed to to with the sponsored workers. ( Keep track of addresses of each sponsored workers, tracking holidays, proof of a good system to store your data, checking your passports and BRP regularly and proofs of them etc)

Good luck and keep us updated.

bcilr18
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by bcilr18 » Fri May 18, 2018 3:16 pm

Thanks for the information. From what you mentioned, we have all the reporting duties up to date. I am the only T2 worker. All my personal info is up to date with regards to holidays, IDs going back to 2009 etc. We purchased a new software system for which I was trained in Feb and March leading to appraisal from April - for which we have documents to prove too.

Did you get a visit too? If so in how many days after the appointment did they visit? Did they inform before hand about their visit or was it a random?