ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Windrush Generation Citizenship applications

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

bruteforce
Mood:
Pakistan

Windrush Generation Citizenship applications

Post by bruteforce » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:36 pm

Better late than never.

"In a statement to Parliament, Ms Rudd she also suggested the citizenship offer would apply not just to the families of Caribbean migrants who came to the UK between 1948 and 1973 but anyone from other Commonwealth nations who settled in the UK over the same period."

cyclina1
Hong Kong

Re: Windrush Generation Citizenship applications

Post by cyclina1 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:56 pm

bruteforce wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:36 pm
Better late than never.

"In a statement to Parliament, Ms Rudd she also suggested the citizenship offer would apply not just to the families of Caribbean migrants who came to the UK between 1948 and 1973 but anyone from other Commonwealth nations who settled in the UK over the same period."
What's her plan for those already being deported????
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice.

bruteforce
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by bruteforce » Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:59 pm

Apparently, a dedicated team is looking into the old cases where this has happened and they will make this right. Personally, I don’t believe this is as big issue as being presented in the media.

Hstepper07
Nigeria

Post by Hstepper07 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:03 pm

cyclina1 wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:56 pm
bruteforce wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:36 pm
Better late than never.

It will be reasonable for such cases to be reviewed if they fall within the Windrush category.

cyclina1
Hong Kong

Post by cyclina1 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:11 pm

bruteforce wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:59 pm
Apparently, a dedicated team is looking into the old cases where this has happened and they will make this right. Personally, I don’t believe this is as big issue as being presented in the media.
This is a very big issue if you need to access public funds.......... even if just few people being suffered, she should rersign, especially someone has been deported.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice.

Hstepper07
Nigeria

Post by Hstepper07 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:06 am

cyclina1 wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:11 pm
bruteforce wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:59 pm
This is a very big issue if you need to access public funds.......... even if just few people being suffered, she should rersign, especially someone has been deported.
Latest news
www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2018/apr/23 ... WEML6619I2

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:32 am

cyclina1 wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:56 pm
Unfortunately, some have also died.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

srsw

Post by srsw » Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:23 pm

Amber Rudd resigns as home secretary after Windrush scandal.

PM accepts Rudd’s resignation after 200 MPs sign letter accusing her of making up immigration policy ‘on the hoof’

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... sh-scandal

My advice is based on personal research/experience, so pls check relevant UKVI sources.