ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Returning from Asia to France via UK with EU 10 card

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tebee
United Kingdom

Returning from Asia to France via UK with EU 10 card

Post by tebee » Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:31 am

I'm British, but have lived in France for 15 years now, so have EAA rights. I'm currently spending 6 months in Thailand with my Stepson who has an Eu article 10 residence card.

We are thinking of returning to France via the UK, so he can take a professional test there(PLAB).

Now I know in theory we can use the Art 10 card to enter the UK, we have done this from France in the past, but are there likely to be problems coming directly from Asia - in particular are the airline likely to accept this as being a valid UK visa?

Or would we be better getting a short term UK visa?
“I speak the truth not so much as I would, but as much as I dare: and I dare a little more as I grow older.

vinny

Re: Returning from Asia to France via UK with EU 10 card

Post by vinny » Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:21 am

I think it should be okay.

Confirm with the airline.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.