ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Question about application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Andrew0
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

When to start counting time in UK - 10 year long residency ILR

Post by Andrew0 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:29 pm

Hi Everyone

I need a bit of help, as the Home office Immigration Advice Line seem to be pointless.

In September i will have been in the UK for 10 years. I came to the UK on a student visa and for the past 3 years have been on a tier 2 working visa.

My question, is when does the 10 years start. My entry clearance is valid from 28/08/2008 but I did not arrive to the UK till the 21/09/2008. Does my 10 years start from the day I landed or when my entry clearance was granted.

(The home office clearly states for the 5 year route, that it is from when the visa was granted. But it doesn't say anything for the 10 year route)

Also when counting days outside the UK in the 10 years, am I correct to say that days that I was flying in and out of UK, count as days in UK.

Thank you very much for all your help in advance.

Cheers

Andrew

4uvak
United Kingdom

Re: When to start counting time in UK - 10 year long residency ILR

Post by 4uvak » Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:52 pm

In the form on page 11 it says:
"D2. When did you first enter the UK? This refers to the date of your first entry into the UK at the beginning of the period of stay on which this application is based."
So I would assume the date of entry the UK is the starting point.
Days on which you travel in/out of UK do not count as absences - you are correct.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:39 am

My question, is when does the 10 years start. My entry clearance is valid from 28/08/2008 but I did not arrive to the UK till the 21/09/2008. Does my 10 years start from the day I landed or when my entry clearance was granted.
For long residence, it is from the day you first entered the UK
Also when counting days outside the UK in the 10 years, am I correct to say that days that I was flying in and out of UK, count as days in UK.
Correct
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Andrew0
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Andrew0 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:04 pm

Thank you both so much for your help :D

(Thought I do with the first answer was different)

Andrew0
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Question about application

Post by Andrew0 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:59 am

Hi Everyone.

I was just wondering, on the 10 year route SET (LR) form, question E14. "Please state what social, cultural and family ties you have with the country you were born in".

Can i just write the country and then "My family lives there" as the answer?

Also question "D13" seems almost repetitive to E14 "please state what ties you have with the country you were born in", Can i again just say my "Family and Nationality"

Thanks in advance for your help.

Andrei.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Question about application

Post by CR001 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:58 am

Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Question about application

Post by CR001 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:58 am

Andrew0 wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:59 am
Hi Everyone.

I was just wondering, on the 10 year route SET (LR) form, question E14. "Please state what social, cultural and family ties you have with the country you were born in".

Can i just write the country and then "My family lives there" as the answer?

Also question "D13" seems almost repetitive to E14 "please state what ties you have with the country you were born in", Can i again just say my "Family and Nationality"

Thanks in advance for your help.

Andrei.
Yes, should be fine.

State the same information again in D13.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.