ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Mother name spelling mistake in my passport

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jyopav126
Newly Registered

Mother name spelling mistake in my passport

Post by jyopav126 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:01 pm

Hi all
I need to apply UK visit visa for my mother. I realized that my mother name is different in my passport, though pronunciation is correct, spelling is different.
mother Name in my passport : Seetha
Name in her passport : sita

Does any one faced similar situation. Please let me know if i need to do anything to sort this out or it is ok to apply for the visa.

Thanks in advance.
Pavan

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Mother name spelling mistake in my passport

Post by CR001 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:04 pm

As mentioned in the other post you tagged onto, the spelling of the name in your mothers passport is what counts. Not all countries have parents names in childrens passports, it seems specific to certain regions/countries.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

jyopav126
Newly Registered

Re: Mother name spelling mistake in my passport

Post by jyopav126 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:25 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:04 pm
As mentioned in the other post you tagged onto, the spelling of the name in your mothers passport is what counts. Not all countries have parents names in childrens passports, it seems specific to certain regions/countries.
Thanks CR001. I have applied for my mother and she successfully got visit visa. Thanks for clarifying. I hope this will help for others