ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Petition for Tier 2

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

canadarox
Newly Registered
Canada

Petition for Tier 2

Post by canadarox » Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:19 am

Hello,

The April COS thread was locked. @Idiot spammer began a petition however it was turned down by the website. Can we work to have it re-submitted?

Please post suggestions on how we can make it better.

Thanks!

Here's the petition: https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/218155

krishpa

Re: Petition for Tier 2

Post by krishpa » Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:04 pm

Hopeful42
Singapore

Post by Hopeful42 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:03 pm

It seemed very thorough to me so I'm not sure what could have been done to make it better.

Although from the feedback it seems it needs to be made very clear what specific action you'd like to raise.

Hopeful42
Singapore

Post by Hopeful42 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:10 pm

From what I remember the petition outlined the current general tier 2 issue well but wasn't 100% clear on what specific changes to it the writer would like to see debated.

canadarox
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by canadarox » Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:30 pm

Hopeful42 wrote:
Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:03 pm
It seemed very thorough to me so I'm not sure what could have been done to make it better.

Although from the feedback it seems it needs to be made very clear what specific action you'd like to raise.
I think we need to be much more specific.

ie. Home Office needs to create a new visa category for workers earning less than < 45K OR increase the amount COS' available temporarily to clear the backlog or create an exception for NHS workers etc...

Would help if we can have some other contribute to this.

thisB
Canada

Post by thisB » Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:49 pm

I had a go at it - Any thoughts? Needs to succinct but also get the point across. The below fits in to the petition website forms (just!)
Remove shortage occupation codes and NHS roles from Tier 2 Visa cap
---
Since December 2017, the points required to obtain a Restricted Certificate of Sponsorship (RCOS) has more than doubled - from 21 points (for nearly the entire history of the points based system) to 46 - 55 points. The months long breaching of this cap is negatively impacting NHS and business needs.
---
Removal NHS roles from the RCOS cap will allow swifter entrance for badly needed NHS staff including doctors, therapists, and key support positions, helping to ease the growing pressures faced by the service.

Additionally, removal of the shortage occupation codes will allow businesses to more fairly compete for international talent.

See below:

https://www.peoplemanagement.co.uk/news ... t-breached
---

Hopeful42
Singapore

Post by Hopeful42 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:26 pm

thisB wrote:
Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:49 pm
I had a go at it - Any thoughts? Needs to succinct but also get the point across. The below fits in to the petition website forms (just!)
Remove shortage occupation codes and NHS roles from Tier 2 Visa cap
---
Since December 2017, the points required to obtain a Restricted Certificate of Sponsorship (RCOS) has more than doubled - from 21 points (for nearly the entire history of the points based system) to 46 - 55 points. The months long breaching of this cap is negatively impacting NHS and business needs.
---
Removal NHS roles from the RCOS cap will allow swifter entrance for badly needed NHS staff including doctors, therapists, and key support positions, helping to ease the growing pressures faced by the service.

Additionally, removal of the shortage occupation codes will allow businesses to more fairly compete for international talent.

See below:

https://www.peoplemanagement.co.uk/news ... t-breached
---
I think this is great. It’s succinct and clear what you are asking.

thisB
Canada

Post by thisB » Sun Apr 29, 2018 12:18 am

Alright, I had someone in the UK publish this - can you please sign?

https://petition.parliament.uk/petition ... 5JN28DKhd3

Hopeful42
Singapore

Post by Hopeful42 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 4:30 am

thisB wrote:
Sun Apr 29, 2018 12:18 am
Alright, I had someone in the UK publish this - can you please sign?

https://petition.parliament.uk/petition ... 5JN28DKhd3
Unfortunately it says that you have to be a UK resident to sign. Everyone please sign that's in the UK and others ask your friends, employers, etc. to.

nshar4
United Kingdom

Post by nshar4 » Tue May 01, 2018 10:37 am

I signed the petition however it says it needs 5 signs to go live . I will try to get 4 more signs from my friends here

thisB
Canada

Post by thisB » Thu May 03, 2018 3:21 pm

Hi Everyone,

This petition is now live, can you please send around?

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/218911

Thanks!

canadarox
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by canadarox » Thu May 03, 2018 9:18 pm

Brilliant lets get the word out as much as possible. Please send it to your prospective employers as well.

There is another petition going around as well, that is gathering a lot of support although for doctors.

https://www.change.org/p/theresa-may-al ... ition_show

thisB
Canada

Post by thisB » Fri May 04, 2018 1:34 pm

The problem with the Change.org petition is it doesn't have any government influence, which is unfortunate. Ours is picking up steam though, please keep sharing!

canadarox
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by canadarox » Tue May 08, 2018 10:33 pm

Can the MODs stick this thread please? It should be more visible.

thisB
Canada

Post by thisB » Wed May 09, 2018 5:02 pm

At 506 - let's keep sharing!

minion762
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

Post by minion762 » Fri May 11, 2018 11:08 am

Thank you so much for starting/ sharing about this petition.

Yesterday I shared it to my personal friends, posted on Linkedin (100+views), and on a working holiday group (20+likes). However, obviously this is such a tiny number compare to what we need.

Here is what I plan to do and I hope you will join me:
-I will try to reach the companies with tier 2 sponsor license by email/linkedin, ask them to sign the petition within their companies as they must be facing the same recruitment difficulties.
Here is the company list:
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... onsors.pdf
-I will ask opinion leaders on Linkedin to allow me tagging them on my post to catch more attentions.

Please also suggest any other feasible ways.

Also I will urge more people to join this under different topics. Please respond to my post if you see it, to get more attentions. Thank you and good luck to all of us!

minion762
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

Post by minion762 » Fri May 11, 2018 11:15 am

minion762 wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 11:08 am
Thank you so much for starting/ sharing about this petition.

Yesterday I shared it to my personal friends, posted on Linkedin (100+views), and on a working holiday FB group (20+likes). However, obviously this is such a tiny number compare to what we need.

Here is what I plan to do and I hope you will join me:
-I will try to reach the companies with tier 2 sponsor license by email/linkedin, ask them to sign the petition within their companies as they must be facing the same recruitment difficulties.
Here is the company list:
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... onsors.pdf
-I will ask opinion leaders on Linkedin to allow me tagging them on my post to catch more attentions.

Please also suggest any other feasible ways.

Also I will urge more people to join this under different topics. Please respond to my post if you see it, to get more attentions. Thank you and good luck to all of us!
Here is what I write on my linkedin, in case someone want to copy and paste to save time:

I believe UK employers, and non-EU individuals seeking a work permit in the UK are already aware of the Tier 2 visa shortage situation.

The roles applying for a Tier 2 work permit would have passed the labour market test to prove themselves as genuine shortages in the country. Being in the same queue, sharing the same annual quota with NHS and other government-listed shortage job codes has caused a visa shortage for the mentioned roles. This certainly have caused a negative impact on local businesses.

Please sign the petition if you agree NHS and other shortage occupations should be in a separate queue from normal business.
https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/218911

minion762
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

Post by minion762 » Fri May 11, 2018 12:04 pm

Honestly, I wouldn't even notice such petition exists if you do not spread the words in other topics. However, it seems like they do not welcome mentioning the petition in other topics.
Guys, I feel like you started a really good product and all we need to do is to try hard to sell it. 8 days and 700+ signs, not bad at all, but I think we need much more effort to hit the number. Everyone's personal connection is limited.
Do you think it will be a good idea if I leave an email address here, so you can contact me and we can set up a group chat, to review and carry out our promotion strategies and to hit 10000 asap? So we can all be actively engaging in the promotion. I am so desperate about the endless waiting and feel like this is the only hope we have got.

Please let me know what you think.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri May 11, 2018 12:06 pm

minion762 wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 12:04 pm
Do you think it will be a good idea if I leave an email address here, so you can contact me and we can set up a group chat, to review and carry out our promotion strategies and to hit 10000 asap?
Suggest NOT. Members are not permitted to post any form of personal/social media/email contact information on the forum.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

canadarox
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by canadarox » Fri May 11, 2018 2:04 pm

Hey moderator, can you make this appear at the top? Like sticky the thread so people can see it?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri May 11, 2018 2:32 pm

canadarox wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 2:04 pm
Hey moderator, can you make this appear at the top? Like sticky the thread so people can see it?
No, it can stay as a general topic.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

thisB
Canada

Post by thisB » Sat May 19, 2018 2:10 pm

Hey guys, nearly at 1100. Share! Share! Share!

The more that sign, the more people know and the more likely it is to get picked up multiple times by media.

The below fits in a tweet:

Please sign and share this petition to have NHS and Shortage Occupations removed from the cap (even better if the cap was removed entirely!) https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/218911