ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

NCS appointment paper vs online document submission

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ILRasi
Mood:
India

NCS appointment paper vs online document submission

Post by ILRasi » Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:57 pm

Hi,

I phoned the local council for NCS and they are asking whether i want to go for online application or paper based and also they confirmed that I cannot apply for the British passport at the same time submitting application for naturalization.

Can you please suggest which option is best?Paper or online application?

Thanks

cyclina1
Hong Kong

Re: NCS appointment paper vs online document submission

Post by cyclina1 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:39 pm

ILRasi wrote:
Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:57 pm
Hi,

I phoned the local council for NCS and they are asking whether i want to go for online application or paper based and also they confirmed that I cannot apply for the British passport at the same time submitting application for naturalization.

Thanks
You can have NCS/JCAP service in any council in the UK for naturalisation, if the council where you are living in cannot provide you the JCAP service, you can go to the other council for the JCAP service. No restriction to where you live.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice.

Hstepper07
Nigeria

Post by Hstepper07 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:30 pm

ILRasi wrote:
Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:57 pm
Hi,

Thanks
Advantage of using online NDRS is that payment is taken immediately and you can also download your biometrics documents immediately. As opposed to paper NCS where you have to wait for about 2 weeks for HO to send your biometrics documents and take payment. Everything basically else is the same

ILRasi
Mood:
India

Post by ILRasi » Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:05 pm

Thank you. It seems NDRS speed up the process. Thanks

ILRasi
Mood:
India

Post by ILRasi » Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:56 am

Hi,

Can you please help me how many years of absence details has to be filled for wife and kids in the AN form.
I hold British passport .Family got ILR,is it required to give absence for 5 years or 3 years enough for wife and kids?

Thank you.