ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visit visa for parents from Pakistan

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Faheems1
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Visit visa for parents from Pakistan

Post by Faheems1 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:17 pm

Dear all

Hope you are well.

I am a Pakistani British citizen (became British recently).

Sponsoring my parents for a small visit - 9/10 days. I’d be grateful if you could help me with the following queries.

1. My parents will not live with me at my place but I’ll book a hotel for them and visit them daily for the 10 days they are here. Would their category be general visitor or family visitor.
2. Do I need to send my original bank statement to my family to enclose with their application or can I simply send them the pdfs of the online bank statement and they can print and submit (copies) - I will be paying for their hotel and travel expenses when they are here hence I’m sponsoring their visit.
3. Also would me sponsoring their visit convert this into a family visit or will it still be general visit.
4. As I am a self employed company director, my salary is minimum and I draw dividends to support myself. Do I still need to show my payslips (which show a salary of only £1000 per month before tax).
5. As the business owner (company director) what other documents should I show to make the case stronger that I can support their visit. (I am showing £30K in my savings, their visit is for 9 days costing me around £3000 max)
6. Do they need to get a medical exam done before their application?

Many thanks for your help.

Faheem

Faheems1
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Re: Visit visa for parents from Pakistan

Post by Faheems1 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:37 am

I’d be grateful for your advice.

justdopposite

Post by justdopposite » Wed May 02, 2018 12:24 pm

Faheems1 wrote:
Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:17 pm
2. Do I need to send my original bank statement to my family to enclose with their application or can I simply send them the pdfs of the online bank statement and they can print and submit (copies)
Must be original printed bank statements , best if its stamped , dated and signed on each page , from the bank.

Also just a heads up, its not only about the showing x amount of savings to support them. Its equally about proving to HO, your parents have strong family ties, businesses, etc back in their home country. This is what I understand from reading other posts on this forum.

Uzma-Ali20
Newly Registered

Post by Uzma-Ali20 » Fri May 04, 2018 10:39 am

hi @ justdopposite
my parents are going to apply for family visit visa to UK soon from Lahore. therefore, i want to clarify ,
1- if they have to submit photocopies of all the supporting documents and visa form .
2- moreover, if photo size pictures are required to be put on the visa form?

plabo
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by plabo » Sat May 05, 2018 6:28 pm

The HO these days is pretty smart when it comes to showing 'the sponsor's finances'.

It will be better to show how strong the financial status of the applicant visiting is rather than the sponsor's as the HO is more keen to know about the person coming from abroad with regards to his bank balance, salary, property, savings etc.

You might be earning a six digit salary in the UK but if your parents can't show a strong financial background, then I am afraid to say that it will be very difficult for them to get a visa.