ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

8 Months DLR Card

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

khalidhaku
Pakistan

8 Months DLR Card

Post by khalidhaku » Sun Apr 29, 2018 1:20 pm

Dear all,
I got DLR in Jun 2012 and extended for next 3 years on Dec 15 (got DLR card from HO 6 months late and expires on 15 Dec 2018) on political asylum basis (6 years route) in Jun 2012. My question is: My son got married with Student 3 years ago, her visa was expired in Oct 2017, before expiry we applied her DLR through solicitor (10 Years route), but yesterday HOME OFFICE sent her Bio-Matric card which is showing her expiry card date is 15 Dec 2018 (also our whole family DLR expiry date is the same is 15 Dec 2018), we are very upset and scared why they gave DLR only for almost 8 months whereas normally peoples get 2.5 years period, I mentioned here one more point that me, my wife and son went to Pakistan after death of her mother and to see my very ill mother in 2016 (my mother also died in May 2017) that’s why we scared if we apply ILR may be they refused or not on the above basis. We will apply Premium Service in Jun 2018. I need good suggestion / advice from all of you.
Thanks & Regards

khalidhaku
Pakistan

Re: 8 Months DLR Card

Post by khalidhaku » Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:23 pm

Humble request to all respected members I need advise and suggestion please. Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:06 pm

As a dependent of someone on Dr, she will not get a visa for longer validity than her sponsor/spouse so it is correct that it expires at the same time in December she will have to apply for an extension before her visa expires if her sponsor gets ILR.

Why didn't she apply soon after marriage?

If you claimed political asylum from your home country and have since returned there, you could have problems as HO could take the view that you don't have a basis of your claim if you are able to visit and are safe there.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

khalidhaku
Pakistan

Post by khalidhaku » Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:26 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:06 pm
As a dependent of someone on Dr, she will not get a visa for longer validity than her sponsor/spouse so it is correct that it expires at the same time in December she will have to apply for an extension before her visa expires if her sponsor gets ILR.

Why didn't she apply soon after marriage?

If you claimed political asylum from your home country and have since returned there, you could have problems as HO could take the view that you don't have a basis of your claim if you are able to visit and are safe there.
Thanks for your reply. You asked about my daughter in law late applying visa coz she got student visa till Oct 2017 and her solicitor said you can apply before expiry of the visa (28 days before).

I got DLR after refusal of asylum, on my HO papers mentioned that 'grant you leave to remain in the united kingdom on a discretionary basis outside the immigration rules for a specified period'.
I heard today someone got ILR on the same circumstances (that gentleman applied political asylum and went Pakistan 2 times).
Stay blessed,
Thanks & Regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue May 01, 2018 7:18 am

She could have applied as soon as she got married. Your solicitor gave you incorrect advice.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

khalidhaku
Pakistan

Post by khalidhaku » Tue May 01, 2018 1:36 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue May 01, 2018 7:18 am
She could have applied as soon as she got married. Your solicitor gave you incorrect advice.
Thank you so much.
Please need your reply on my second part of question.
Stay Blessed x
Thanks & Regards