ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation Query - Residence & Work holiday visa

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

keved
Newly Registered

Naturalisation Query - Residence & Work holiday visa

Post by keved » Tue Apr 08, 2008 6:25 pm

Hi all,

1) Is a work holiday visa period reckonable for the purposes of 5 years in application for naturalisation? (Nothing anywhere about this, only mentions student visa?)

2) If apply for naturalisation, but go travelling/relocated with partner to another country for work but intention is to return, how does this affect application - should I write and tell them this?

thanks

esharknz

Post by esharknz » Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:28 pm

I found this link here that said that time spent on a working holiday visa was excluded - http://www.citizensinformation.ie/categ ... ralisation.

It's hard to find. I only came across it when I was doing some research as to what i had to do to convert from a working holiday visa to a green card. Incidentally, I found more information about this on an Australian government website than I did from the irish government websites.

joesoap101
Member of Standing

Re: Naturalisation Query - Residence & Work holiday visa

Post by joesoap101 » Wed Apr 09, 2008 6:18 pm

keved wrote:Hi all,

1) Is a work holiday visa period reckonable for the purposes of 5 years in application for naturalisation? (Nothing anywhere about this, only mentions student visa?)

2) If apply for naturalisation, but go travelling/relocated with partner to another country for work but intention is to return, how does this affect application - should I write and tell them this?

thanks
You have to essentially make a declaration that you intend to live in Ireland after being naturalised so relocating to another country will create problems.