ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PBS Dependant documents required after Spouse ILR and becoming self-employed

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

GoThere
inactive
India

PBS Dependant documents required after Spouse ILR and becoming self-employed

Post by GoThere » Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:13 pm

Hi All,

My wife came to UK in Mar 2017 on PBS dependant visa which will expire in Jan 2019. I will be eligible for ILR in Sep 2018 via Tier-2 Gen 5 years route. After some research I am planning to get extension of PBS dependant visa for my wife, since switching to FLR(M) will reset her 5 year clock and we are losing 1 year 10 months here.

My situation is I am planning to become self-employed immediately after ILR.

1) So if I have to extend my wife's PBS dependant visa in Jan 2019, What to fill in the application where it asks CoS number and what about employer letters and generally there is a lot of info to fill in the application about employer. How to manage that?
Once my wife gets that extension It will be 3 years and until Jan 2022, she will still need 2 more months to complete her 5 years period. So, can we be able to go for another PBS dependant extension regardless of what work I will be doing at that time?

2) If the above doesn't work, the next option is to switch to FLR(M) immediately after my ILR in Sep 2018. So we will be losing 1 year 6 months which is still a lot of time to lose.

If experts can clarify my questions about PBS dependants extension documents required considering my work status, it will be great. Any help is highly appreciated.

Thanks
Ravi

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: PBS Dependant documents required after Spouse ILR and becoming self-employed

Post by CR001 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:17 pm

1) So if I have to extend my wife's PBS dependant visa in Jan 2019, What to fill in the application where it asks CoS number and what about employer letters and generally there is a lot of info to fill in the application about employer. How to manage that?
None of this is required for a PBS Dependent extension.
Once my wife gets that extension It will be 3 years and until Jan 2022, she will still need 2 more months to complete her 5 years period. So, can we be able to go for another PBS dependant extension regardless of what work I will be doing at that time?
Apply for extension by post as close as possible to visa expiry as the extension is granted from date of decision and not 'tagged' onto the last visa expiry.
2) If the above doesn't work, the next option is to switch to FLR(M) immediately after my ILR in Sep 2018. So we will be losing 1 year 6 months which is still a lot of time to lose.
Your choice if you want to switch.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

GoThere
inactive
India

Re: PBS Dependant documents required after Spouse ILR and becoming self-employed

Post by GoThere » Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:25 pm

Thanks for the quick response CR001.
CR001 wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:17 pm
I remember giving the CoS and employer info when I was applying for PBS dependent visa for the first time. Please excuse my ignorance, is the application for extension different, where you don't need all that employer info?
Apply for extension by post as close as possible to visa expiry as the extension is granted from date of decision and not 'tagged' onto the last visa expiry.
Thanks for the brilliant idea. To be exact her visa starts from 17-Feb 2017 and valid until 19-Jan-2019. Her 5 years period will be completed on 17-Feb-2022. So there is around 30 days to cover. Hopefully, extension by post should easily cover this.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:30 pm

As you hold ILR, you are no longer subject to a 'CoS' or tied to an employer. Your spouse is dependent on YOU not your previous sponsor.

If you have the details and the online form asks for them, you will need to use the last one you had.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

rsoni320d
Newly Registered
India

Post by rsoni320d » Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:32 am

GoThere wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:25 pm
Thanks for the quick response CR001.
CR001 wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:17 pm
I remember giving the CoS and employer info when I was applying for PBS dependent visa for the first time. Please excuse my ignorance, is the application for extension different, where you don't need all that employer info?
Thanks for the brilliant idea. To be exact her visa starts from 17-Feb 2017 and valid until 19-Jan-2019. Her 5 years period will be completed on 17-Feb-2022. So there is around 30 days to cover. Hopefully, extension by post should easily cover this.
Hi There,
I am exactly in the same boat, however difference is that my family completes five years Aug next year. Just wanted to ask if you managed to get the list of documents required for the PBS dep extension.

Thanks and Regards,
Rahul