ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Going back to the UK to rent a house

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

uaemanc
Newly Registered
United Arab Emirates

Going back to the UK to rent a house

Post by uaemanc » Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:35 pm

Hi everyone,
I am planning to go back to UK in June to find a place to rent... will be submitting spousal visa in July (applying from uae). Just wondered if it will be possible to do, has anyone gone through a successful letting agent?... I dont have a strong credit history... have the funds etc to rent as going via cash savings... has anyone been through this too? as staying with family n friends is not an option. Really hoping I can manage to rent something feeling worried.

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Going back to the UK to rent a house

Post by Casa » Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:50 pm

With a poor credit history be prepared to pay a bigger deposit and/or several months in advance for rent.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Going back to the UK to rent a house

Post by seagul » Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:28 pm

uaemanc wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:35 pm
Hi everyone,
I am planning to go back to UK in June to find a place to rent... will be submitting spousal visa in July (applying from uae). Just wondered if it will be possible to do, has anyone gone through a successful letting agent?... I dont have a strong credit history... have the funds etc to rent as going via cash savings... has anyone been through this too? as staying with family n friends is not an option. Really hoping I can manage to rent something feeling worried.
With poor credit history you can still able to find a room cheaper privately where landlords sublet each room. Depending on your budget and luck you can find the room but make sure that you tell the landlord in advance the purpose of your stay and the documents you might need in future such as tenancy agreement, landlord letter giving permission for your partner to stay on visa approval, house inspection report if its sharing place. Also make sure that your cash saving must be held from at least 6 months and you also able to declare its source.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.