ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Long term visitor visa for parents

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Vk2014
Newly Registered

Long term visitor visa for parents

Post by Vk2014 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:49 pm

Hi,
I am a British Citizen and would like to apply for long term standard visitor visa for parents who live in India.
They have visited UK 4 times on 6-month visitor visa before. They have also visited my brother in US few times before and South East Asian countries for leisure. They live in smaller city and have to travel to the metros Delhi/Mumbai every time for UK visitor visa process, so would like to get long term visa this time.

Can you please clarify few questions.

- Is it more likely to get 5 year visitor visa than 10 year visa? I would prefer 10 years but don't want to risk refusal and waste of application fees.
- Do I need to provide a reason why they need long term visa? Can I mention they would like to spend time with me and my son.
- I am Director of limited company. Is it enough to provide 3 month personal bank statement? I will not sponsor the visit, but they will stay with me.
- What document do I need to give as proof of relationship?
- Does it take longer to get long term visa compared to standard 6 month visa?

Please help with your experience and knowledge on this topic.

Thanks!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Long term visitor visa for parents

Post by CR001 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:56 pm

You should probably try for a 2 year or 5 year visa. 4 visits to the UK might not be sufficient to judge their genuine intentions, especially if they have stayed for long periods on each visit (perhaps more than stated when they applied for the visa).

What evidence of ties to home country will they submit?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Vk2014
Newly Registered

Post by Vk2014 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:25 pm

hi CR001,

They have always stayed here for around 2 months and gone back much before the visa expiry date.
They will submit details of residential home and other property investments.

Both parents have a large family and social circle which they meet regularly, but not sure what evidence they can provide for this.
Please advise.

Vk2014
Newly Registered

Post by Vk2014 » Fri May 04, 2018 10:13 am

Hi all,

Can experts please help on my questions related to long term visitor visa for parents?

Thanks.

plabo
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by plabo » Sat May 05, 2018 6:33 pm

You are asking for trouble these days if applying for a long term visa for parents.

Its better to get a 6 month visa, stay for few weeks and not months and then apply again to have a chance for coming back to the UK again and again.

gujalls

Post by gujalls » Tue May 08, 2018 3:40 pm

My mother visited me twice on a 6 months visa and I recently applied for a 2 years visitor visa and she got it. The processing time was similar to what it took to get 6 months visa.
She is currently in UK on a visitor visa.