ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Richyrich
Newly Registered
Ghana

Naturalisation

Post by Richyrich » Tue May 01, 2018 3:31 am

Hi people,i made a joint naturalisation and passport application and noticed the passport fees has been taken from my account two weeks ago,how long will it take to receive a letter for the ceremony? Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Naturalisation

Post by CR001 » Tue May 01, 2018 7:26 am

Passport fee deduction doesn't mean your application is approved. The fee is taken as part of the joint application process
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

TheRock9
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by TheRock9 » Tue May 01, 2018 10:00 am

CR001 wrote:
Tue May 01, 2018 7:26 am
Passport fee deduction doesn't mean your application is approved. The fee is taken as part of the joint application process
Hi CR001

With all due respect, the letter council issue when they someone use a JCAP states below:

Following a successful citizenship application your passport application and payment will be sent to HM Passport Office, Payment will be processed within 5-14 days if receipt. HM Passport Office will not refund fee if your PASSPORT APPLICATION is unsuccessful or withdrawn.

As per above seems like they only take payment when the decision of citizenship is positive.

You can further highlight on this issue.

Thanks
I am not an immigration lawyer, so comments here are not an advise. My comments are from my own experience and interpretation of information which is available publicly.

Richyrich
Newly Registered
Ghana

Post by Richyrich » Sat May 12, 2018 11:09 am

Hi CR001,can you please elaborate on what TheRock9 posted? Thanks

Hstepper07
Nigeria

Post by Hstepper07 » Sat May 12, 2018 1:28 pm

TheRock9 wrote:
Tue May 01, 2018 10:00 am
CR001 wrote:
Hi CR001

With all due respect, the letter council issue when they someone use a JCAP states below:

Following a successful citizenship application your passport application and payment will be sent to HM Passport Office, Payment will be processed within 5-14 days if receipt. HM Passport Office will not refund fee if your PASSPORT APPLICATION is unsuccessful or withdrawn.

As per above seems like they only take payment when the decision of citizenship is positive.

Thanks
As part of the naturalization application plus JCAP, process, your passport application and fee will be sent to the passport office. Passport application is processed separately from naturalization application (different depts). If your naturalization application is not approved, your passport application fee will be refunded.
If your naturalization application is successful, your passport fee will not be refunded even if you withdraw the passport application. Their statement does not accurately reflect the process.

TheRock9
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by TheRock9 » Wed May 16, 2018 8:22 am

Hstepper07 wrote:
Sat May 12, 2018 1:28 pm
TheRock9 wrote:
Tue May 01, 2018 10:00 am
CR001 wrote:
Hi CR001

Thanks
As part of the naturalization application plus JCAP, process, your passport application and fee will be sent to the passport office. Passport application is processed separately from naturalization application (different depts). If your naturalization application is not approved, your passport application fee will be refunded.
If your naturalization application is successful, your passport fee will not be refunded even if you withdraw the passport application. Their statement does not accurately reflect the process.
Hi Hstepper07,

With all due respect do we have any case reported here where the fee was deducted and the Naturalisation application was refused. I searched but didn't find any.

If this statement by council is wrong then i believe anyone can challenge them on this.

Thanks
I am not an immigration lawyer, so comments here are not an advise. My comments are from my own experience and interpretation of information which is available publicly.

Twine
United Kingdom

Post by Twine » Wed May 16, 2018 9:30 am

TheRock9 wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 8:22 am
With all due respect do we have any case reported here where the fee was deducted and the Naturalisation application was refused. I searched but didn't find any.
I haven't found any cases like you mention but, if you look at this London council's webpage, they state that:

The passport application fee will not be refunded if your application for citizenship is unsuccessful.

So I would say that the passport fee coming out means nothing one way or another. It will be taken regardless of how your naturalisation application went and you will not get it back.

TheRock9
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by TheRock9 » Wed May 16, 2018 11:02 am

Twine wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 9:30 am
TheRock9 wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 8:22 am
I haven't found any cases like you mention but, if you look at this London council's webpage, they state that:

The passport application fee will not be refunded if your application for citizenship is unsuccessful.

So I would say that the passport fee coming out means nothing one way or another. It will be taken regardless of how your naturalisation application went and you will not get it back.
Hi Twine

Thanks for your reply. But the text below is from the receipt Wandsworth councils issues when you use NDRS along with JCAP. So there are conflicting statements.

The above is the exact wording as i copied it from there receipt.

So it is strange that they will charge someone for passport even though his/her application is refused

TheRock9
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by TheRock9 » Wed May 16, 2018 11:19 am

I just read it from the link you provided.

Your passport application will not be processed until the successful outcome of your citizenship application. The passport application fee will not be refunded if your application for citizenship is unsuccessful.

How does this even make sense. So confused :?

Hstepper07
Nigeria

Post by Hstepper07 » Wed May 16, 2018 7:26 pm

It is actually the ceremony fee and not the passport fee that is refunded. Apologies for the confusion.

SK engineering

Post by SK engineering » Wed May 16, 2018 8:51 pm

As far as I understood, if the citizenship application is successful fees will be forwarded to Passport office. Fees will not refund in the case of passport application is unsuccessful.

As most of us done both together, if fees taken for passport means naturalisation application is successful. Fees won’t be refunded in case if we haven’t filled the p.p form correct or information was wrong on p.p application.

Regards

TheRock9
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by TheRock9 » Thu May 17, 2018 8:37 am

SK engineering wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 8:51 pm
As far as I understood, if the citizenship application is successful fees will be forwarded to Passport office. Fees will not refund in the case of passport application is unsuccessful.

As most of us done both together, if fees taken for passport means naturalisation application is successful. Fees won’t be refunded in case if we haven’t filled the p.p form correct or information was wrong on p.p application.

Regards
Hi SK Engineering

That makes sense, because it is highly unlikely that council will not print such a statement on receipt which doesn't state that you will lose money if naturalisation application is rejected.

i was checking the time lines for other members when JCAP is used and sometime fee has been deducted after 3 weeks sometime 6 weeks sometimes 8 weeks, as it is not a fixed time so this does lead to a suspicion that fee deduction means naturalisation application is approved.

Thanks