ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

can experts please review my absence letter from my employer

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Coache
United Kingdom

can experts please review my absence letter from my employer

Post by Coache » Tue May 01, 2018 9:50 am

Please experts , can i get a review of this absence letter from my employers. Weekends beginning and ending each leave were included for travels since i was not meant to work on weekends of my annual leave weeks

Dear Sir/Madam,

RE: Confirmation of work-related absences including periods of paid annual leave from the UK.

Name:  
Nationality:
Job title:
Passport number:
COS number:
SOC code:

This is to confirm that the break down of the dates stated in this letter were approved paid annual leaves for Mr XXX in support of his travel histories absences from the UK during the 5years period.

Mr. Xxxxxx is a full time permanent Xxxxxxxxx employed by xxxxx in the UK for a continuous period of five (5) years on a Tier 2 (General) Visa sponsored by xxxxxx.

The approved dates listed below are categorised under the 2016/2017 and 2017/2018 annual leave years which runs from to 1st April to March 31st per annum to show that all his absences out of the UK during the 5 years period were due to approved paid annual leaves.

These approved paid annual leaves for Mr. Xxxxx were in accordance with the Xxxxxx annual leave policies. Individuals who work during any of the bank holidays gets additional days (time off in lieu/ accrued bank holiday) added to their total annual leave entitlements as per Trust Policies.

I therefore confirm the breakdown of the approved dates as stated below for your attention covering both working days and non-working weekends of the paid annual leaves duration.

* The Trust Annual leave year for which his absences were approved and paid were under
1st april 2016 to March 31st 2017 (2016/2017)
1st April 2017 to 31st march 2018 (2017/2018) rolling forward in this format for subsequent years.

2016/2017 leave year

Paid annual leave as stated below :
From 5th March 2017 to 26th March 2017. Total number of days: (15 working days plus 3 saturdays and 4 sundays)- Reason for absence : Approved paid annual leave

2017/2018 leave year

Paid annual leave as stated below :
From 18th February 2018 to 31st March 2018. Total number of days: (30 working days, 6 saturdays and 7 Sundays)- Reasons for absence- Approved paid annual leave.
1st April, 2018 (sunday) is a non-working period (weekend) for Mr Amusiogo , due to paid annual leave.

The normal working pattern is 37.5hours per week with additional out of hours shifts on a rotational basis.  Staffs who complete a standard 37.5hours per week Monday to Friday get approved Saturday and Sunday off work (non-working periods) pro rota. This also applies if a staff member works in any of the out of hour’s shifts; the individual is entitled to a day off (time off in lieu) during the week Monday to Friday. Individual who work in any of the bank holidays gets additional days (time off in lieu/accrued bank holidays) accrued to their total annual leave entitlements.

This approved paid annual leaves fulfils the statutory working days per week in accordance with the Trust policy, therefore, Mr xxxxxx was paid and not required to work in any of the working days and weekends of paid annual leave duration as approved and acknowledged in this letter. Therefore, the following weekends (5th March 2017, 25th March 2017, 26th March 2017, 18th February 2018, 31st March 2018  and 1st April 2018) are all non-working periods (weekends) of the paid annual leave duration for Mr.xxxxxx which are consistent with absences out of the UK during the 5years period.

While abroad on his paid annual leaves, he was still on the UK payroll, paying statutory NI and tax in the UK. His salary was deposited in his UK bank account.

Should you require any further information please do not hesitate to contact me.

Yours Sincerely

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: can experts please review my absence letter from my employer

Post by CR001 » Tue May 01, 2018 9:52 am

Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

cracker1234

Post by cracker1234 » Tue May 01, 2018 11:36 am

Thank you very much CR001 for sharing this link..

cyclina1
Hong Kong

Post by cyclina1 » Tue May 01, 2018 6:56 pm

too long, if i am the caseworker, i will be very sad to read this....
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice.