ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying from Pakistan: How to submit supporting documents?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Two9A
Newly Registered

Applying from Pakistan: How to submit supporting documents?

Post by Two9A » Wed May 02, 2018 12:35 am

My wife is soon hoping to submit an application to join me in the UK on a spouse visa, but I'm having difficulty working out how the submission of supporting documents works. In a sticky on this board, it is stated:
...the British Embassy uses its service provider, Gerry’s FedEx for applicants to lodge certain documents(Applicants passport and biometrics only) in Islamabad, Mirpur, Lahore and Karachi.

The rest of the application and supporting document are now sent to UKBA offices in Sheffield England.
However, Gerry's state the following:
All documents submitted by customers applying for standard Tier 1, 2, 4 and 5 are scanned at the
Visa Application Centre and sent electronically to UKVI.
The new process allows customers to retain their supporting documents during the application
process. Apart from an applicant’s passport, all supporting documents will, where possible, be
handed back at the Visa Application Centre after they have been scanned.
Does the advice from Gerry's apply only to tiered visas? In other words, taking into account the reliability of the Pakistan postal service in my past interactions with it, will I need to fly out with the application pack for a spouse visa application?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Applying from Pakistan: How to submit supporting documents?

Post by seagul » Wed May 02, 2018 8:27 pm

I guess you are being mixed up with two different channels of applications, one for points based and other for settlement spouse visa. If your mean is spouse visa then the applicant need to enroll its biometrics details at its local VFS office while the sponsor in uk need to send the remaining documents straight to Sheffield.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Two9A
Newly Registered

Post by Two9A » Wed May 02, 2018 8:41 pm

I do mean the spouse visa route, so that's good news that the documents can be sent from the UK.

One query: I happen to live not a terrible distance away from Sheffield, but I presume the documents must be posted to the Sheffield office and can't be hand-delivered?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Wed May 02, 2018 10:18 pm

Two9A wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 8:41 pm
I do mean the spouse visa route, so that's good news that the documents can be sent from the UK.

One query: I happen to live not a terrible distance away from Sheffield, but I presume the documents must be posted to the Sheffield office and can't be hand-delivered?
I think the address is p o box typed where finding the exact physical location is not possible. P o box address correspondence usually be kept at post office then be delivered.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Komaluroosa
Pakistan

Post by Komaluroosa » Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:17 pm

Two9A wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 12:35 am
My wife is soon hoping to submit an application to join me in the UK on a spouse visa, but I'm having difficulty working out how the submission of supporting documents works. In a sticky on this board, it is stated:
...the British Embassy uses its service provider, Gerry’s FedEx for applicants to lodge certain documents(Applicants passport and biometrics only) in Islamabad, Mirpur, Lahore and Karachi.

The rest of the application and supporting document are now sent to UKBA offices in Sheffield England.
However, Gerry's state the following:
All documents submitted by customers applying for standard Tier 1, 2, 4 and 5 are scanned at the
Visa Application Centre and sent electronically to UKVI.
The new process allows customers to retain their supporting documents during the application
process. Apart from an applicant’s passport, all supporting documents will, where possible, be
handed back at the Visa Application Centre after they have been scanned.
Does the advice from Gerry's apply only to tiered visas? In other words, taking into account the reliability of the Pakistan postal service in my past interactions with it, will I need to fly out with the application pack for a spouse visa application?
Hi i checked your timeline post. Actually I sent the documents to Sheffield on 28th may but haven't received them back yet, so i want to confirm that you have sent them the phptocopies of every document or u just have send them the original bundle?

Two9A
Newly Registered

Post by Two9A » Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:10 pm

Komaluroosa wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:17 pm
Hi i checked your timeline post. Actually I sent the documents to Sheffield on 28th may but haven't received them back yet, so i want to confirm that you have sent them the phptocopies of every document or u just have send them the original bundle?
I sent three bundles in my pack:
  • Application form, Appendix 2, sponsor's passport copy, marriage cert/IELTS/TB test, payslips/letter of employment, land registry printout/property inspection report/council tax bill;
  • Photos, call logs, WhatsApp logs, flight itineraries, remittance receipts;
  • Photocopies of all of the above.
All papers came back stacked together in one batch.

Komaluroosa
Pakistan

Post by Komaluroosa » Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:55 pm

Two9A wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:10 pm
Komaluroosa wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:17 pm
I sent three bundles in my pack:
  • Application form, Appendix 2, sponsor's passport copy, marriage cert/IELTS/TB test, payslips/letter of employment, land registry printout/property inspection report/council tax bill;
  • Photos, call logs, WhatsApp logs, flight itineraries, remittance receipts;
  • Photocopies of all of the above.
All papers came back stacked together in one batch.
Oh alright