ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Application in Kolkata

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

VillaLion
Newly Registered

Spouse Application in Kolkata

Post by VillaLion » Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:29 am

I am a UK national who has been living in India for the last 3 months with my Indian wife. We got married over here and have applied for a Spouse visa about 8 working days ago. We were told to check our status in 4 working days, but all we are being told is that the application has been sent to the High Comm and we won't hear anything back for a long time as it takes 3 months to process.

Does it really take this long to process? Does anyone know what time frame they will likely get back to us and how long the waiting lists are for interviews?

This waiting process is a killer! Totally sympathsise with everyone on the board!

parvez

Post by parvez » Wed Apr 09, 2008 2:30 pm

The 3 month timeframe is usually "UP TO 3 months"...ie. it doesn't usually take that long if your paperwork is complete.

My wife applied for her spouse visa in Mumbai and her timelines were as follows

23rd Jan 2008 - Application submitted at VFS Mumbai South
15th Feb 2008 - Interview held and Deputy British High Commission Mumbai
18th Feb 2008 - Medical Check-ups completed at Mumbai
26th Feb 2008 - Visa issued
28th Feb 2008 - Passport collected
2nd Mar 2008 - Entered UK

Interview is not mandatory, but is quite likely for settlement applications. I think medical check-ups are mandatory.

Interview waiting lists are usually determined by how busy they are

RODNEY987
Newly Registered

Post by RODNEY987 » Sat Apr 12, 2008 2:45 pm

we submitted my wifes application in early march but its the same.