ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Teir2 dependant to Teir2 general switch Help-NHS

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Raisakhan
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Teir2 dependant to Teir2 general switch Help-NHS

Post by Raisakhan » Thu May 03, 2018 1:19 pm

Hi All,

Really hopeful if someone could help me with answers to the below query.

I am currently on Tier2 dependent visa, my Husband is a doctor working in the NHS. I too have been working as a trust grade (non training doctor) in the NHS with my current visa status.

However, now I have qualified for a training post in Medicine which begins this August.
For this I need to switch from Teir2 dependant to my own Tier2 General work permit.
This will be first time a CoS will be issued for me.

With the current trend in decline of CoS for NHS employees, can someone please tell how to tackle this situation?
At the moment only shortage occupation jobs like emergency medicine and Paediatric trust jobs are getting the Cos. Not the rest
However mine is a training post, the sponsor will be Health education England.
Do I need to also worry about the Cos rejection?

Plabber_123
India

Re: Teir2 dependant to Teir2 general switch Help-NHS

Post by Plabber_123 » Fri May 04, 2018 6:23 pm

Hello, does anyone have an answer to this?

I have a friend in the same situation.

Would a restricted CoS issued by health education england (hee) have a better chance of receiving a restricted CoS than other sponsors or is it all based just on salary?

Also just to clarify, it would be restricted CoS needed for tier 2 dependant to tier 2 main applicant switch right?

Thank you. Apologies for not making a seperate thread but I felt that we both had the same query. Thanks.

cyclina1
Hong Kong

Post by cyclina1 » Sat May 05, 2018 5:35 pm

Raisakhan wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 1:19 pm
Hi All,

Really hopeful if someone could help me with answers to the below query.

I am currently on Tier2 dependent visa, my Husband is a doctor working in the NHS. I too have been working as a trust grade (non training doctor) in the NHS with my current visa status.

However, now I have qualified for a training post in Medicine which begins this August.
For this I need to switch from Teir2 dependant to my own Tier2 General work permit.
This will be first time a CoS will be issued for me.

With the current trend in decline of CoS for NHS employees, can someone please tell how to tackle this situation?
At the moment only shortage occupation jobs like emergency medicine and Paediatric trust jobs are getting the Cos. Not the rest
However mine is a training post, the sponsor will be Health education England.
Do I need to also worry about the Cos rejection?
when will you eligible to ILR? if not too late, you have ILR first so you won't have any restriction.
If your job is not in shortage, and the salary is not high, the chance is very slim in the current situation.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice.

Raisakhan
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Raisakhan » Sun May 06, 2018 6:03 pm

I still have a while for the ILR. I have been a Teir2 dependant for only just about a year now.
Now I will be moving to my own general Teir2.

There is a strange response where apparently the trust jobs seemed to have taken the biggest hit for Cos refusals.
Not exactly the same has been with training Cos.
How far is this true?

ashishkm
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Post by ashishkm » Mon May 07, 2018 7:52 am

Raisakhan wrote:
Sun May 06, 2018 6:03 pm
I still have a while for the ILR. I have been a Teir2 dependant for only just about a year now.
Now I will be moving to my own general Teir2.

There is a strange response where apparently the trust jobs seemed to have taken the biggest hit for Cos refusals.
Not exactly the same has been with training Cos.
How far is this true?
currently shortage occu jobs and salaried 50K or more are getting through. hopefully this month and following 4 to 5 months trend may come down to 40 or 45 (not sure)
I hope you were offered in this range to surpass this?

sensoricaine
India

Post by sensoricaine » Tue May 08, 2018 7:24 pm

Unfortunately, COS for training posts have been rejected in January 2018 for February start. HEE team is not as helpful as the Trust HR team. In the end, its luck even after working hard to secure a training post.
Good luck to you.