ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Mums visa refused today

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Perry9924
Newly Registered
Ghana

Mums visa refused today

Post by Perry9924 » Thu May 03, 2018 5:37 pm

Applied for my mum to visit me and my family here for a month and her visa was refused today. She’s self employed and runs a shop in Ghana. She provided 6 months personal bank statement which she use as a business statement too. I would like to reapply as soon as possible but want to get things right next time. Please this is the reasons she was refused is below please 

In order to assess your intentions I must consider your circumstances based on the information you have provided with your application. All applicants are advised to provide full evidence of their circumstances. We expect applicants to provide this information as it assists us in making an informed assessment as to whether they intend to comply with the terms of visitor entry clearance. You state that you are self-employed and GHS 18,000 (£2,933.57) per annum. This equates to GHS 1,500 (£244.46) per month. You have provided your personal bank statement. However I note that your bank statement is not commensurate with your claimed income. As your bank statement shows credits amounting to GHS 7,853 (£1,279.85). However this is 5 times your monthly income. The documents and information that you have provided do not demonstrate tbank statement is an accurate reflection of your personal and financial circumstances. As a consequence, I am not satisfied that you have given an accurate account of your circumstances and this undermines the credibility of your application to the extent that I am not satisfied that you are a genuine visitor who would leave the UK at the end of your proposed visit. Paragraph V 4.2 (a) (c) of the Immigration Rules he origin of the funds held in this account; therefore this bank statement does not satisfactorily demonstrate your income, or whether these funds are under your personal control. I am therefore not satisfied that this bank statement is an accurate reflection of your personal and financial circumstances. As a consequence, I am not satisfied that you have given an accurate account of your circumstances and this undermines the credibility of your application to the extent that I am not satisfied that you are a genuine visitor who would leave the UK at the end of your proposed visit. Paragraph V 4.2 (a) (c) of the Immigration Rules.

Please I need help before I reapply again

4uvak
United Kingdom

Re: Mums visa refused today

Post by 4uvak » Thu May 03, 2018 9:14 pm

Well, if she deposited money just to show a beautiful statement for the application, this might be the reason for refusal. If she had a big business transaction at the time, it would be better to show additional proving documents for this transaction and business altogether. In general, for self-employed person, it is not that easy to prove their financial position. Home Office does not like fluctuations on the bank statements - it shows that the applicant's financial position is not stable. Therefore, if this is the only reason, you or your family member might show the income in the UK and explain in cover letter that you/family member will pay all expenses for your mother in the UK including return ticket. If you mother just put money in her bank account before visa application just to make it look good, the subsequent applications might be refused as the ECO might suspect that she has nothing to hold her in her country and that she wants to stay in the UK. Here is more information, including which documents to submit https://www.gov.uk/standard-visitor-visa. Study it thoroughly before next application.

bubbly2703
United Kingdom

Re: Mums visa refused today

Post by bubbly2703 » Fri May 04, 2018 2:06 am

Hello,

Another thing with the bank account. At least make sure whatever amount that can sustain her for the month visit sits in the account for at least 28/30days straight. Just a hint since you guys stated she is self employed.