ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PR docs

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

faughan
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

PR docs

Post by faughan » Thu May 03, 2018 9:15 pm

Hi! I am going to send my PR application shortly and want to double check that I'm sending all the docs needed.

- To proof my residence:
5 x House Rates letters from Land & Registry

- To proof my employment:
4 x P60 + a couple of payslips per year
I don't have one of the P60s and only was given a payslip from that company (now the company no longer exists). However, I have a couple of letters stating with the company logo and employer signature stating that the company was bankrupt as well as one payslip. I have also a letter from SAR with my employment history. Moreover I have old bank statments with payments made from that company.

- I.D.s:
Passport
Northern Irish Electoral Card
Driving License (I don't have a car right now, so it's fine by me to send it)
National Insurance card.
Photographs

Should I also include old bills to proof my residency in the UK? Is it two payslips per year enough? If the HO want more information, how long they will give to post more documents?

Thank you!

4uvak
United Kingdom

Re: PR docs

Post by 4uvak » Thu May 03, 2018 9:49 pm

Send more bills to prove your residency. You can also request HMRC employment history from HMRC covering last 5 years - it will show where you worked. P60s and few payslips are enough. The problem will be in the year you do not have P60 as more payslips would be advisable. The letter from HMRC might help in this situation. I doubt Home Office will ask for additional documents as this is a straight forward application. So, in the case of insufficient documents, they will, probably, send everything back to you so you can make a fresh application. Passport is enough. National insurance is mentioned in your P60s and payslips. Do not overcomplicate the things. Concentrate on lucking documents instead of sending duplicate documents. Few forms of ID will not save you from requirement to prove that you were exercising your treaty rights in the UK for a continuous period of 5 years. Do not forget, that 5 years may be not just recent 5 years, but any period of continuous period of 5 years. So if you have P60s for, say, 2010-2015 and proof that you were living in the UK since then, you can qualify on that period of time. But, still the safest bet would be a letter from HMRC - it's free and you will get it in a week or so. Check here https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... tes-v3.pdf for more info and study it thoroughly before you send your application to avoid loss of time and unnecessary stress.