ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA PR, Naturalisation; student & worker

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

PeterMatthew
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

EEA PR, Naturalisation; student & worker

Post by PeterMatthew » Sat May 05, 2018 10:59 am

Hiya everyone!
I have a query I am hoping I could resolve here.
I have been googling for days and I can’t find straight answer.

I am from EEA country, one of A8
I have arrived in uk 2011 and started working immediately.
In 2012 I have started university studying for three years bachelor degree and at the same time I have worked part time.

When I decided to apply for permanent residence last year (after 6 years of residency in uk) I realised that one of her requirements was to have comprehensive health insurance as student.
I did not have insurance during my 3 years of study, I decided to apply for PR anyway leaving this field blank in application. I obviously sent all uni documents together with application.
Few weeks later I have received my permanent residency card. I assumed that I have been categorised as worker not as student as I worked continuously since 2011.

Now I am completing my naturalisation application and I have everything required.

My question is:

Do I still need this health insurance documents? Will they ask for them even though I have been granted permanent residency card?

There is no info about students who work, it only states if you are student only you must have insurance.

I found only one document though that says:
“7.2 If the applicant claims to be supporting themselves through employment, then the application should be considered under the category of a Worker”

So my intuition says that there was no need for me to have insurance as I have worked continuously. But I really don’t want to loose £1330 if they suddenly decide that they need this document.

Any one here came across this situation?
Thanks!!

Hstepper07
Nigeria

Re: EEA PR, Naturalisation; student & worker

Post by Hstepper07 » Mon May 07, 2018 3:16 pm

If the job you did was genuine and effective and not marginal or ancillary then you can be classed under worker. You were obviously classed as a worker which is why your PR was approved. Should not be a problem for naturalization if this was the case.