ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Proof of continuous residence - US doesn't always stamp passport

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nickmpco

Proof of continuous residence - US doesn't always stamp passport

Post by nickmpco » Mon May 07, 2018 9:39 pm

Hi All,

I will be eligible to apply for ILR based on 10 years continuous residence in a few months, and I have a question regarding proof of continuous residence. I will be below the 540 day limit but 100 or so days, but I am worried about my ability to prove this.

I have my US passport, but unfortunately customs does not always stamp passports. Beyond my passport, I will struggle to come up with definitive proof for my dates away, particularly going back so many years. I appreciate that this will be up to the particular case worker who deals with my application, but does anybody have a sense of how much benefit of the doubt we are given? Has anybody coming from the US faced a similar issue?

Any help is very much appreciated!

bruteforce
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Proof of continuous residence - US doesn't always stamp passport

Post by bruteforce » Mon May 07, 2018 11:42 pm

You would need some sort of proof in that case, they may well or may not choose to ignore discrepancy in your passport stamps. You surely would have something like bank statement, utility bills or pay slips etc if indeed, you were present in the UK during the period when your passport was not stamped.

nickmpco

Re: Proof of continuous residence - US doesn't always stamp passport

Post by nickmpco » Tue May 08, 2018 12:43 am

Thanks for your reply! I am sure I could muster up something, but I am not sure if things like utility bills etc.. would actually prove a physical presence, only that I have been maintaining an address. I can hopefully get a letter from my teachers and employers (I was Tier 4 and am now Tier 2).