ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Supplementry work tier 2

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Coache
United Kingdom

Supplementry work tier 2

Post by Coache » Mon May 07, 2018 9:50 pm

Hi experts please can somebody clarify my confusion.

I work for just one employer same job sponsored and same SOC code. My employer offers free 21 hours extra shifts over the weekend which they pay you as bank shifts and it is regarded as vacant shifts that they could not cover.

Please my question:

Does doing more than 20hours extra hours for same employer and same job title and same SOC code for which you were initially sponsored regarded as second employment or supplementary job ? Can one do as many hours on this job since its having same soc code and it's for same employer and same job title and same department?

They pay you additionally for doing these shifts but it is in same department and the same job you do.

Please I will be happy to get an urgent reply.

cyclina1
Hong Kong

Re: Supplementry work tier 2

Post by cyclina1 » Tue May 08, 2018 12:19 am

Coache wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 9:50 pm
Hi experts please can somebody clarify my confusion.

I work for just one employer same job sponsored and same SOC code. My employer offers free 21 hours extra shifts over the weekend which they pay you as bank shifts and it is regarded as vacant shifts that they could not cover.

Please my question:

Does doing more than 20hours extra hours for same employer and same job title and same SOC code for which you were initially sponsored regarded as second employment or supplementary job ? Can one do as many hours on this job since its having same soc code and it's for same employer and same job title and same department?

They pay you additionally for doing these shifts but it is in same department and the same job you do.

Please I will be happy to get an urgent reply.
As long as your rate of pay wouldn't fall below the threshold of your SOC job title, it is ok. This is not second job as you just work overtime, with the same employer under the same job title.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice.

Coache
United Kingdom

Re: Supplementry work tier 2

Post by Coache » Tue May 08, 2018 8:05 am

Thank you for your reply .

Just to add a few information. They pay you even higher than your original core hours with more enhancements for doing those hours outside your core hours.

They get you to fill out a bank contract form so that you can receive the pay differently at higher rate. They also pay you separately for your normal core hours 37.5hs per week.

So I got confused does it make it a supplementary job and do I have have 20hours limit for this same job role I was sponsored for jut because they pay me separately on a bank contract for doing them?