ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR ELIGIBILITY-OUT OF COUNTRY PERIOD

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

danu2311
India

ILR ELIGIBILITY-OUT OF COUNTRY PERIOD

Post by danu2311 » Tue May 08, 2018 2:13 pm

Hello all
As posted earlier got my entrepreneur extension visa on april 5 2018. I am not clear with the new rules for continuous stay over the 5 years to be eligible for ILR. What does it mean by rolling basis when it comes to 12 month period. Can i stay for 4 months out of country in this year along with the dependants too. I am completing 5 years stay on march 7 ,2019 but have visa granted until march 29,2020. Can we apply in 2019 itself and is there any total number of days to stay in country over the full 5 years.
Kindly advise as need to plan accordingly.
Thanks in advance.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR ELIGIBILITY-OUT OF COUNTRY PERIOD

Post by zimba » Tue May 08, 2018 2:32 pm

The only change is that now you cannot split your absences between years of residence. You are now only allowed to stay outside the UK for less than 180 days under any circumstance. That means that if you simply stay outside of the UK for more than 180 days under ANY circumstance, you will NOT be eligible for ILR
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

happyguy
Newly Registered
India

Post by happyguy » Thu May 10, 2018 6:57 pm

can you elaborate what do you mean by can not split absences between years. Also 180 days is in any 12 months , is that correct.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu May 10, 2018 7:45 pm

happyguy wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 6:57 pm
can you elaborate what do you mean by can not split absences between years. Also 180 days is in any 12 months , is that correct.
Can you please continue in your existing topic where the absence issue has already been explained to you.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.