ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Unrecognised Wife as Tier 1 Entrepreneur Partner

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

OmoNija
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Unrecognised Wife as Tier 1 Entrepreneur Partner

Post by OmoNija » Wed May 09, 2018 5:21 pm

Dear All,

I hereby appreciate the good works of the Moderators and frequent contributors here. I have searched through this medium for an answer to my question which I found none, therefore I decided to post it. From what I have read here, a second marriage contracted outside the UK is not recognized in UK.

Now, to my question. Is a Tier 1 Entrepreneur partnership between the man and his unrecognized wife (second wife) allowable for the GBP 200,000 route? And I guess the children from the second wife would be allowed as her eligible dependents while the first wife (with no children below 18 years) would be recognized as the man's dependent.

marcnath
United Kingdom

Re: Unrecognised Wife as Tier 1 Entrepreneur Partner

Post by marcnath » Wed May 09, 2018 8:56 pm

OmoNija wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 5:21 pm
Dear All,

I hereby appreciate the good works of the Moderators and frequent contributors here. I have searched through this medium for an answer to my question which I found none, therefore I decided to post it. From what I have read here, a second marriage contracted outside the UK is not recognized in UK.

Now, to my question. Is a Tier 1 Entrepreneur partnership between the man and his unrecognized wife (second wife) allowable for the GBP 200,000 route? And I guess the children from the second wife would be allowed as her eligible dependents while the first wife (with no children below 18 years) would be recognized as the man's dependent.
Since the second marriage is not recognised here, you would be applying as two separate individuals. So I don't see anything that would explicitly prevent you from being an entrepreneurial team (which is the term, not partners).
Obviously both of you will be potentially subject to interviews and would need to convince HO that both are genuine entrepreneurs. As to children for second wife being eligible dependants, that will be possibly only if she has sole custody. So you would have to provide some legal documents for that.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

OmoNija
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Re: Unrecognised Wife as Tier 1 Entrepreneur Partner

Post by OmoNija » Wed May 09, 2018 10:21 pm

@marcnath

I appreciate your opinion.
Thank you.