ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Please Help!! Spouse Visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

lorenzo1984
Newly Registered
Zimbabwe

Please Help!! Spouse Visa

Post by lorenzo1984 » Thu May 10, 2018 2:37 pm

Hello all.

I need some immigration advice desperately. My story is a bit long so I'll apologize in advance. Any, I have been married for 7 years to my wife and we have 2 kids. My family live abroad and I want to apply for visas for them to come and join me. The problem is I do not meet the financial requirements.

I read somewhere that as of August 2017, the home office was considering applications that fell under "exceptional circumstances" if they failed to meet the financial requirements. Being away from my wife and kids is taking its toll on us as a family. I was wondering if my case would fall under these exceptional circumstances. If it does, I have a few questions I would like to ask;

1) DO I NEED 6 MONTHS PAY SLIPS IF APPLYING VIA THIS ROUTE?
2) DO THE PAYSLIPS HAVE TO BE FROM A SINGLE EMPLOYER?
3) DO STUDENT LOANS COUNT TOWARDS FINANCIAL REQUIREMENTS?
4) ARE DEPENDANTS CHARGED THE FULL PRICE? IF NOT WHAT FRACTION DO THEY PAY?
5) WHAT OTHER EVIDENCE DO I NEED TO PROVIDE?
6) WHAT EVIDENCE DOES THE SPONSOR NEED TO PROVIDE?

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Please Help!! Spouse Visa

Post by CR001 » Thu May 10, 2018 3:23 pm

3) DO STUDENT LOANS COUNT TOWARDS FINANCIAL REQUIREMENTS?
No, student loans are not counted.
4) ARE DEPENDANTS CHARGED THE FULL PRICE? IF NOT WHAT FRACTION DO THEY PAY?
Yes, the full price, no discount. They also have to pay the Immigration Health Surcharge of £600 each.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

lutga
Japan

Post by lutga » Thu May 10, 2018 4:02 pm

Even if you don't meet the financial requirements, you still need to be able to show *some* means of being able to support your dependents. Ie. do you have any savings (even if they're less than £16,000), or a stable, reliable incomes from relatives? Are you living with relatives? Do your dependents have any finances or job offers they can bring to the table? These are all factors that - if supported with strong enough evidence - might make your case stronger (but not guarantee it success).

Long story, short - the more financial evidence you can provide, the better. Reliability and stability are absolutely key - as the UK HO really cares about long term support.

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Fri May 11, 2018 9:31 am

If your kids are eligible to be registered / or already British and able to get British passports, then look into getting that sorted first.
Verily, After Hardship Comes Ease