ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How long to wait for Biometric Residence Permit card?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tenuissent
Newly Registered

How long to wait for Biometric Residence Permit card?

Post by tenuissent » Sun May 13, 2018 4:07 pm

My daughter-in-law miraculously was awarded ILR in Liverpool after I paid for the one-day decision service, 10th April, SET(O) application. But she was given nothing in writing - she was told the BRP would arrive in 6 - 10 days.

A month later we have absolutely nothing to show that she has been granted ILR. The gov.uk site for enquiries assumes the arrival of a "decision letter" from the Home Office, which also has not arrived. Enquiries are not accepted without the decision letter. If she were ever challenged to prove she has the right to be in UK, she has nothing to show.

How long have others had to wait? Any advice on what to do next?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: How long to wait for Biometric Residence Permit card?

Post by CR001 » Sun May 13, 2018 5:49 pm

She would have received a letter on the day of her ILR appointment if it was approved. The letter doesn't come by post.

BRP card is delivered by DX Couriers. Suggest she call them.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

katanayi
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by katanayi » Sun May 13, 2018 8:28 pm

She should have got approval and information letter on the day of ILR granted.
I have granted in Liverpool a couple of months ago. Did they cross-check her address and sign after approval?
My daughter-in-law miraculously was awarded ILR in Liverpool
What do mean?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun May 13, 2018 8:36 pm

katanayi wrote:
Sun May 13, 2018 8:28 pm
My daughter-in-law miraculously was awarded ILR in Liverpool
What do mean?
See previous post.

indefinite-leave-to-remain/set-o-or-set ... l#p1569472
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

tenuissent
Newly Registered

Post by tenuissent » Mon May 14, 2018 7:48 am

I say "miraculous" because we have been working towards it for over ten years and it has twice been refused during that time. Son and D-in-law are very clear that they were given nothing at all except their papers back, and that they gave the administrator their correct home address for the BRP. I am starting to get very worried now that it was all a mirage.....

tenuissent
Newly Registered

Post by tenuissent » Mon May 14, 2018 9:21 am

Well, I have begged them (not for the first time....) to search through the papers returned to them in Liverpool extremely carefully, and this morning they have found The Letter they thought they did not have. A great relief. Now they have a reference number and can follow up the lack of BPR.

Thank you very much for the answers to my question, though I would still be interested to know if over a month is usual to have to wait for the BPR?

george1981
Newly Registered
India

Post by george1981 » Mon May 14, 2018 9:45 am

You can enquire about the BRP via following link if you haven't received it within 10 working days after the premium appointment date.

https://www.biometric-residence-permit. ... r-received

tenuissent
Newly Registered

Post by tenuissent » Mon May 14, 2018 12:51 pm

Thanks, son is now looking into that. I'd like to add that I and my family did not know they should receive a very important letter on the day of application, and if I had not learned about it on this site, I would not have known to insist on their searching through their papers again. The administrator had tucked it in with a bundle of photocopies, not even with the application itself, and we might never have found it. So I am very grateful to everyone who answered my original question.