ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship Application 6 week outside Ireland Rule

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

lemonylime
Newly Registered
Ireland

Citizenship Application 6 week outside Ireland Rule

Post by lemonylime » Sun May 13, 2018 8:58 pm

Hi all,

Does anyone know how they check if you have been outside Ireland for more than 6 weeks when you apply? We have only had maybe a total of 4 weeks absence each yesr but..We have missing stamps because we havent always been given a stamp from another country when going on holiday. We always get entry stamps going back to Dublin but have a few missing from going on holiday because I never get a stamp visiting my home country. Does immigration in Ireland keep record of when you leave the country too?

pixie1230

Re: Citizenship Application 6 week outside Ireland Rule

Post by pixie1230 » Mon May 14, 2018 8:15 pm

I always go out of the country every year when I was’nt an irish citizen yet. I usually stay there for 3-4 weeks max. But never had problems getting my citizenship last 2016.
They usually ask for a copy of your passport stamps and identity page.

billybob19700
United Kingdom

Re: Citizenship Application 6 week outside Ireland Rule

Post by billybob19700 » Sun May 20, 2018 2:45 pm

if they want they will by: viewing your bank transactions, phoning your work , what you can do is to be honest and provide them as much details as possible, doctor appointements, letter from work stating that you were at work on that gap, they asked me to provide bank statements for 3 years but i had only for 2 years "been lazy", work sent letter confirming that by telling them that they have used to provide me with cheque on that period.

Thanks