ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR (M) or ILR

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

saj626
United Kingdom

FLR (M) or ILR

Post by saj626 » Sun May 13, 2018 11:29 pm

Hello all of you..

My wife came to UK on Feb 2014 as PSW dependent visa then end of psw visa she got extension as tier 4 dependent then end of tier 4 Dependent visa then I got ILR in June 2016 and she got FLR (M)
My question is she will have to wait 5 years from June 2016 or she is eligible in 2019 for ILR.

When her FLR (M) visa in process in 2016 we had received letter from caseworker to provide cohabitation document for last 2 years however her application was for First FLR (M).

When she successfully granted FLR M visa in 2016.

This is what it says in approval letter. What does it mean?

“When and how can I apply for ILR?”

In order to qualify for settlement you must have completed a period of 2 years in the United Kingdom as the spouse. Furthermore since 2 April 2007 applications for settlement have been required to show they have sufficient knowledge of language and life in the UK in order to qualify.

Please understand any future application that you make in the marriage category will be assessed against paragraph 284 or 287 or 295D 295G of the immigration rules.

vinny

Re: FLR (M) or ILR

Post by vinny » Mon May 14, 2018 1:04 am

Unfortunately, she has to complete a total of at least 5 years (minus 28 days) under FLR(M) before being eligible for SET(M). A2 English required for second FLR(M).
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Mon May 14, 2018 10:08 am

One can see why OP is thinking the way he does, but the accompanying letter given to him was wholly wrong as a matter of law, but OP can use it as defense if they were to refuse him ILR in the event of an application.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon May 14, 2018 1:26 pm

I suspect that you cannot rely on the letter. However, with the Immigration Rules being too complex, a caseworker might not realise it's a mistake.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

saj626
United Kingdom

Post by saj626 » Mon May 14, 2018 9:38 pm

Thank you very much for reply what would be best? Shall i go for SAR and see what notes they made on this case ?