ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse status/ Extension from T2Dependent if main applicant from.T2General to ILR

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Sana_
Newly Registered
China

Spouse status/ Extension from T2Dependent if main applicant from.T2General to ILR

Post by Sana_ » Tue May 15, 2018 8:56 pm

Hi team
I wanted to ask the forum a question

I am on Tier 2 General and would be completing 5 years in July 2018
I am due to apply for ILR thereafter
However there are two things I am highly concerned about ( apart from my own application of course )

1.My husband is on Tier 2 Dependent since Jan 17 which expires in Aug 2019 - how does he proceed ie extend his Visa when my Visa status changes ?
Does he have to return to our native country and reapply?
Have lived together since which is around 1.5 years ( Called ukvi they were very vague as usual ) kindly advise and post a link if possible ,for reference

2.My daughter was born in the UK around 3 months ago ( would she need to apply with me or can we apply her naturalization after my ILR)

Many thanks
Hoping CROO1 could guide as seen him guide similar posts but not sure if rules etc have changed
TIA

preetham2103
Newly Registered
India

Re: Spouse status/ Extension from T2Dependent if main applicant from.T2General to ILR

Post by preetham2103 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:44 pm

Hi, I am in a similar situation and would like to get some guidance. Any updates please? Much appreciated!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Spouse status/ Extension from T2Dependent if main applicant from.T2General to ILR

Post by CR001 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:52 pm

preetham2103 wrote:
Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:44 pm
Hi, I am in a similar situation and would like to get some guidance. Any updates please? Much appreciated!
Kindly start your own topic with your circumstances rather than tagging onto another members threads, which is not only unfair but it creates confusion when members respond.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

preetham2103
Newly Registered
India

Post by preetham2103 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:58 pm

Apologies, I started a new topic!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:59 pm

1.My husband is on Tier 2 Dependent since Jan 17 which expires in Aug 2019 - how does he proceed ie extend his Visa when my Visa status changes ?
Does he have to return to our native country and reapply?
Have lived together since which is around 1.5 years ( Called ukvi they were very vague as usual ) kindly advise and post a link if possible ,for reference
He can apply to extend his visa WITHIN the UK, the rules permit this. He cannot 'extend' his current visa outside the UK if you have ILR.
2.My daughter was born in the UK around 3 months ago ( would she need to apply with me or can we apply her naturalization after my ILR)

You can register her as British once you get ILR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:59 pm

1. He may extend (in the UK) shortly before expiry of leave.
2. UK born daughter will be entitled to register directly after a parent is granted ILR.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.