ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Cancelled the appointment but no refund has been received

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rahulsood
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Cancelled the appointment but no refund has been received

Post by rahulsood » Tue May 15, 2018 9:31 pm

I had booked an appointment for my wife but needed to cancel it, but, I haven't received the refund of £2999. I have looked at this link just now: https://www.gov.uk/cancel-visa

It says "you won’t get your fee refunded if you cancel an application that you made in the UK."

Any idea how can I get my fees (£2999) back please ?

TreeHugger7
South Africa

Re: Cancelled the appointment but no refund has been received

Post by TreeHugger7 » Tue May 15, 2018 9:44 pm

You are looking at wrong place.

Read this link.

https://www.gov.uk/ukvi-premium-service ... ppointment

It can take up to 4 weeks

dlynx4realp
Newly Registered

Post by dlynx4realp » Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:49 am

@rahulsood I am in a similar situation as you after £2999 was mistakenly deducted twice from my account (there were time-out glitches during online booking) and I am desperate for a refund. Indeed I used the online application form so the confirmation email does not have a hyperlink for cancellation as opposed to the paper application/payment system.

I have sent an email to PSCAppointmentRefunds@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk requesting cancellation and refund for the duplicate payment. I received an auto email notification immediately after but still waiting for a specific response.

Have you made any progress with yours?

dlynx4realp
Newly Registered

Post by dlynx4realp » Sun Jul 08, 2018 3:45 pm

So i got a response from the e-mail address above and recently received a full refund.