ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Changing from ICT Tier 2 Dependent to Tier 2 General

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

shwetha16
Newly Registered
India

Changing from ICT Tier 2 Dependent to Tier 2 General

Post by shwetha16 » Wed May 16, 2018 11:39 am

Hi All,

We (Myself & one more colleague holds indian passport) working for UK based organisation on Tier 2 dependent visa. To avoid any implications in future on our employment my company is ready to provide a sponsorship to change our visa to tier 2 General visa.

Our employer is already completed RLMT recently and they are planning to apply for COS now.

Here we have 2 cases:
case 1: My colleague current visa expires on mid of July 2018 and if my employer applies for her COS now (before 5th June), we are hoping to get the updates on or after 11th June. If we go through successfully, she will return to india immediately, get her new visa done and return back to UK before her current visa expires,
in that case can company keep her employment active (since her current visa is still active & valid)? or should my company terminate her and rehire with new visa.

Case 2: If we get delayed with the visa processes, can company still keep her employment active though she will be out of UK to process her new visa (since her visa expires she has to move out of UK).

Thank you in advance, Appreciate your help on this matter.

Thanks,
Shwetha