ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 General 1 year COS generate

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

devarajuajay
Newly Registered
India

Tier 2 General 1 year COS generate

Post by devarajuajay » Fri May 18, 2018 5:10 am

Hi,
Currently I am on tier 2 general visa. I will be changing my employment with new sponsor. I just need 5 months of visa to be eligible for ILR. So can i ask my new employer to generate COS letter only for 1 year? Or is there minimum year we should give when generating COS??
Thanks!

cyclina1
Hong Kong

Re: Tier 2 General 1 year COS generate

Post by cyclina1 » Sun May 20, 2018 1:49 am

No problem. If your contract is 1 year then your CoS will be 1 year.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice.

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Re: Tier 2 General 1 year COS generate

Post by Djsuccess » Sun May 20, 2018 9:57 pm

cyclina1 wrote:
Sun May 20, 2018 1:49 am
No problem. If your contract is 1 year then your CoS will be 1 year.
I think even if the contract is more than 1 year, the OP will only be granted an extension for not more than 6 years. Assuming the OP needs 5 months to complete 5 year qualification period, it will, therefore, imply that the OP can extend for 1 year 5 months. Same visa application fee and the only difference will be the IHS. So I will suggest that the OP goes for the maximum extension possible just in case more time is required for ILR. And if not, the OP will still be able to apply for ILR after 5 months or soon as qualified.
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.