ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA (FP) - Newlywed need proof marriage is legit

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

NewlyweddedNL
Newly Registered
Netherlands

EEA (FP) - Newlywed need proof marriage is legit

Post by NewlyweddedNL » Sun May 20, 2018 6:57 am

Hello,

As my username might suggest, I have just got married a few months ago. To make things easier and for me to not dripfeed, I'll explain the information clearly.

My nationality: Dutch
My husband's nationality: Somali
Do I have DCPR?: I have DCPR.
When did we get married? 6 months ago
Do we live together? Have we ever lived together? - No, we've never lived together prior to getting married due to religious reasons.
Do we have photos? No because photos aren't permissible in our sect of religion

So, all we really have as documents are
- Marriage certificate from Somalia (+ translated into English as well)
- His Somali passport (+ temporary Kenyan visa so he can stay while the application is being processed)
- My Dutch passport copy
- My DCPR copy
- Some old facebook chat messages dating from before our marriage to now. It's only a few pages.
- A cover letter stating when we met,when we got married and stating that he'll be joining me in the UK

I really don't want the HO to think that this is a marriage of convenience because we've not lived with each other yet hencewhy I have added the texts - should I add that or will that overcomplicate the case? I have read that too much evidence will harm the application yet so will hardly any evidence so.. where do we go from here?

Please help!

NewlyweddedNL
Newly Registered
Netherlands

Re: EEA (FP) - Newlywed need proof marriage is legit

Post by NewlyweddedNL » Mon May 21, 2018 2:17 pm

bump? Can anyone advise me here please?