ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa - Financials

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Saracynth
Newly Registered

Spouse Visa - Financials

Post by Saracynth » Sat Apr 12, 2008 6:55 pm

I am a US citizen hoping to join my fiance (who is a UK citizen) in the UK. Our wedding will be in the States on June 21, 2008. In reading the information on this website as well as that on the UK Visas site, I am fairly certain we will not have any difficulty with the majority of the documentation. We will be applying for the visa from the US.

The only problem I forsee is that my fiance is currently on medical leave from his employer, and I am not currently living in the UK so I do not have income there. I do however have ample assets to support us both until he is able to return to work and I find employment there. When fulfilling the requirement to show the ability to support us without resorting to public support will my assets be sufficient?

Any guidance would be appreciated.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Apr 13, 2008 12:25 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

kutitata
Newly Registered

Post by kutitata » Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:19 pm

Errr... not wanting to hijack this thread but... I am an EU citizen(Irish) just moved to the UK (March-2008) and started working here, used to live in Malaysia.

Planning to marry and bring my gf of six yrs over in Dec-2008. I starting working in the UK in March-2008. How many months should I wait before I make my application with how many payslips? I have just obtained my NI number as well.

I am still deciding between un-married partner (we bought a house in malaysia on both of our names in April-2006), should be able to prove that have been in a marriage-like relationship for more than two years(same address, photos, same college, holidays together, emails and normal mail), or to wait till we get registered in Dec-2008 and make the application in Malaysia?

I dont want anything to delay her from coming and living with me here in London. I need her! How much money potential should I have in my savings? Is it ok if I earn only 35k pa? She plans to come over and work as well.

khan85

Post by khan85 » Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:38 pm

Is it ok if I earn only 35k pa
:shock: thats more than enuf!!! wana borrow me a few quids ;)

kutitata
Newly Registered

Post by kutitata » Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:50 pm

Thanks for the encouragement but that is before tax :(

Anyway, any help guys?

What do you think?

khan85

Post by khan85 » Mon Apr 14, 2008 3:03 pm

nah u will be okay..

my frend was getting 800 a month and her hubby got a visa.. they just want to see that you an income and that u can live of taht amount!

kutitata
Newly Registered

Post by kutitata » Mon Apr 14, 2008 3:05 pm

Thanks...

What if we only rent a room rather than the whole house?

khan85

Post by khan85 » Mon Apr 14, 2008 3:15 pm

im not sure on that but i think Moon whos a member on this forum she had 2 bedrooms and she rented one out to another person.. again it all depends on the size of the rooms and if you have permission from the landlord/other tenant that they dont have a problem for ur fiance to live there..

as for the over crowding part of it, contact the local council and tell them u are sponsopring ur fiance and need a report showing theres adequate space..

khan85

Post by khan85 » Mon Apr 14, 2008 3:21 pm

by the way what other docs do u have?? ive been gathering the following so if you want to use them as a guide line :)

Applicant
VAF4 Form
Passport
NICOP
TB Test Certificate

Sponsor
Sponsor Declaration
Letter of Intention
Passport Copy New
NICOP
Passport Copy Old
Birth Certificate Copy
Driving License Copy

Wedding
Nikkah Nama Urdu
Nikkah Nama Translation
Wedding Photos
Sample Wedding Card
Gold Receipts
Greeting Cards

Means of Contact
Calling Cards
Greeting Cards

Sponser Employment
Employment Letter
Holiday Letter
Payslips (3 months)
PAYE P2
P60
NI Card

Sponsors Finance
Bank Statements (3months)

Accommodation
Tenancy Agreement
Rent Book
Landlord Letter
Council Report

Utility Bills
Council Tax
Gas
Electricity
Water

Others
Hubby (Applicant) Skills (CV)
Letter of Employment in UKfor Hubby (Applicant)

im not sure what docs u might need cuz ur an EU Citizen and u want to bring an unmarried partnet so docsuments might be a diff :)

kutitata
Newly Registered

Post by kutitata » Mon Apr 14, 2008 3:32 pm

I am slowly building it up, but I think I will bring her over with spouse visa because I want to marry her in Malaysia.

Also my room rent is inclusive of bills, it is ok if i dont have any bills to my name? I will have a tenancy agreement and letter from landlord.

Is the Malaysian Marriage Certificate valid/recognised? I will collect 3 months bank statements and pay slips soon.

My gf/wife to be is a degree holder and is an analytical chemist, she is registered with the relevant chemistry bodies in malaysia. she has got favourable responses to job enquiries in the uk... she has been working in the pharmaceutical/diagnostic line for 3 years now.

khan85

Post by khan85 » Mon Apr 14, 2008 4:23 pm

errrr.. m not to sure about the bills bit :? i would think if its written in the tenancy agreement then it should be okay! may b sum1 else could advise u better! what about the council tax? is that included in it? because they as in the people who issue the viza dont want u to be dependent on public funds e.g. council tax they need evidence of this.. u can also get a letter from the i think its DWP saying that u dont take any ppublic funds.. im not 100% sure on this may b sum1 can advise u better on this!

as for the Malaysian certificate again im not sure on this but u might need a translation becuz Nikah Nama (which is marriage certificate) is originally in urdu and we have to translate it into english.. so im taking a guess u probably would have to do the same IF its NOT in english already :D

try to get ur wife to be a job and get a letter from the emplyer saying that she has a job waiting when she arrives to the UK..

Kutitata, i tried answerring ur questions to the best of my knowledge, Senior members correct me if im wrong