ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

University cancelled course. Applying for fresh TIER 4 visa

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

vinny99
Newly Registered

University cancelled course. Applying for fresh TIER 4 visa

Post by vinny99 » Sun May 20, 2018 8:01 pm

Hi, I successfully applied from India and got the student visa to study at a university in UK for May 2018 intake. I got the visa in April. But at pretty late stage, the university closed/cancelled the course I got the visa for due to insufficient no. of students for that course. I haven’t travelled on my visa. They haven’t notified the home office yet( guessing as last date to register is 29th May). Being hugely disappointed by this development I have decided to apply for September intake. I already hold offers via UCAS.

My query is as I currently have leave to enter and remain in UK (for 4 years starting May 2018) as per my current visa, shall I go ahead and apply for visa again in June/July? Would this create any issues? Would my visa application be rejected because of an already existing leave to enter and remain?

sah10406
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: University cancelled course. Applying for fresh TIER 4 visa

Post by sah10406 » Sun May 20, 2018 8:38 pm

vinny99 wrote:
Sun May 20, 2018 8:01 pm
My query is as I currently have leave to enter and remain in UK (for 4 years starting May 2018) as per my current visa, shall I go ahead and apply for visa again in June/July?
Yes.
vinny99 wrote:
Would this create any issues? Would my visa application be rejected because of an already existing leave to enter and remain?
No.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

vinny99
Newly Registered

Re: University cancelled course. Applying for fresh TIER 4 visa

Post by vinny99 » Sun May 20, 2018 9:02 pm

sah10406 wrote:
Sun May 20, 2018 8:38 pm
vinny99 wrote:
My query is as I currently have leave to enter and remain in UK (for 4 years starting May 2018) as per my current visa, shall I go ahead and apply for visa again in June/July?
Yes.
vinny99 wrote:
Would this create any issues? Would my visa application be rejected because of an already existing leave to enter and remain?
No.
Thanks so much for your reply sah.