ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for first Passport for new born Baby - need help

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jasper1234
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Applying for first Passport for new born Baby - need help

Post by jasper1234 » Mon May 21, 2018 12:14 pm

Hello all,

our baby was born in Sept 2017 and i need to apply for her passport. i need to have some information in regards to documents required and what form we need to fill in.

i hold the indian nationality and i hold indian passport and my girl friend is polish and she have polish passport and we are both living in UK for more then 5 years.

I need to know that if our child is eligible to apply for British passport straight away as we were informed that she can apply for British passport.

can you please let me know what documents are required in order to process the application for her passport and what form we need to fill in.

we have booked an appointment already with council for paper checking services but we don't know what documents are required.

so please suggest us.

thank you so much for your help.

dontringthebell
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Applying for first Passport for new born Baby - need help

Post by dontringthebell » Mon May 21, 2018 1:33 pm

You may apply if either of you is settled in the UK. A thorough read of the following would help.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... y_2017.pdf

Please check which of the follows if any applies to you.

For an Indian national "Section 1(3) - A child born in the UK whose parents are not British citizens and were not settled in the UK will have an entitlement to register when one of their parents become settled in the UK or become British citizens."

For EEA national "Some children born in the United Kingdom to EEA and Swiss nationals will be British citizens automatically. However, changes in the law mean that different rules apply depending on when a child was born.
 A child born in the United Kingdom before 2/10/2000 to an EEA national parent will be a British citizen if the parent was exercising EC Treaty rights at the time of birth.
 A child born in the United Kingdom between 2/10/2000 and 30 April 2006 to an EEA national parent will only be a British citizen if the parent had indefinite leave to remain in the UK at the time of the birth. (This does not apply to EEA nationals with an unconditional right of residence, such as retired people or someone who is unable to work because of incapacity).
 A child born in the United Kingdom to an EEA national after 30 April 2006 will be a British citizen if their parent had been in the United Kingdom exercising EC Treaty rights in accordance with the Immigration (European Economic Area) Regulations 2006 for more than 5 years or has indefinite leave to remain.
The child of an EEA national who did not become a British citizen at birth may now have an entitlement to be registered as a British citizen under section 1(3), if the parent has since become “settled” here. The parent will have become “settled” if:
 he or she has been granted indefinite leave in the United Kingdom, or  he or she has been exercising EEA free movement rights in the United
Kingdom for a continuous period of 5 years ending on or after 30 April 2006."
Don't misconstrue my views for professional immigration advice, just trying to give back to a community that helped me through my journey.

WP-> HSMP-> Tier 2G D-> ILR-> BC-> OCI

jasper1234
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by jasper1234 » Mon May 21, 2018 2:53 pm

thank you so much - dontringthebell.

Falls under this one - A child born in the United Kingdom to an EEA national after 30 April 2006 will be a British citizen if their parent had been in the United Kingdom exercising EC Treaty rights in accordance with the Immigration (European Economic Area) Regulations 2006 for more than 5 years or has indefinite leave to remain.

my gf is living in the UK for past 6 years but have not applied for ILR yet ,we are also not married yet.

i just want to know what documents we need to send it with the application? please if you can suggest.

thanx again

jasper1234
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by jasper1234 » Mon May 21, 2018 2:54 pm

also we dont live together, we live separate.

dontringthebell
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by dontringthebell » Mon May 21, 2018 3:17 pm

You will get the list of documents from the link I posted previously. To be sure you must read through it.

Since you are not married and you are registering her as a British citizen based on your girlfriend exercising EC Treaty rights in accordance with the Immigration (European Economic Area) Regulations 2006 for more than 5 years application would be made by her even though any of you can pay for it.

Registration certificate would carry the name on the birth certificate.
Don't misconstrue my views for professional immigration advice, just trying to give back to a community that helped me through my journey.

WP-> HSMP-> Tier 2G D-> ILR-> BC-> OCI

muraenidae

Post by muraenidae » Mon May 21, 2018 3:18 pm

Your girlfriend, as an EEA national, does not have to apply for ILR. For her it's called permanent residence (PR).

Did she exercise treaty rights for 5 consecutive years before your baby's birth? This generally means that, for 5 consecutive years, she was either working, or a student (and had private health insurance), or self sufficient (with private health insurance).

If so, then she already holds PR, and can apply for a document certifying this. Your baby would be a British citizen.

muraenidae

Post by muraenidae » Mon May 21, 2018 3:20 pm

IF either you had ILR or your girlfriend had PR before the baby was born, and the baby was born in the UK, then the baby is already a British citizen. In this case, you do not need to register them (and pay 1000£).

Do you already have ILR?

jasper1234
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by jasper1234 » Mon May 21, 2018 3:38 pm

THAnx muraenidae..

My gf completed 5 years in aug 2017 and baby was born in sept 2017.. she has compeleted 5 years before baby was born. No I don’t have ilr, does that makes any difference? . She was working and now she is a student.

Please suggest ?
Thanx a ton

muraenidae

Post by muraenidae » Mon May 21, 2018 4:41 pm

What do you mean by "completed" 5 years? She must have been exercising treaty rights for 5 years, not just be present in the UK for 5 years.

What are her dates of employment in the UK?

jasper1234
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by jasper1234 » Tue May 22, 2018 12:39 pm

@Muraenidae

She have been in the UK for almost 6 years and have been working and also studying. Currently she is a full time student.

muraenidae

Post by muraenidae » Tue May 22, 2018 12:43 pm

jasper1234 wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 12:39 pm
@Muraenidae

She have been in the UK for almost 6 years and have been working and also studying. Currently she is a full time student.
Look, you need to provide some more information if you want us to help you.

What are her dates of employment between August 2012 and August 2017? Please give a timeline, when was she employed, when was she a student, etc.

If she was a student at any time between August 2012 to August 2017, did she have private health insurance or a foreign EHIC card?

kacprus3
Newly Registered
Poland

Post by kacprus3 » Wed May 23, 2018 9:59 pm

I am very interested about future answers. Do I need to hold EEA registration certificate / ILR to get renewal of my sons passport? He was born in 2013 and I always had a full time job since 2004.

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu May 24, 2018 2:29 am

jasper1234 wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 3:38 pm
THAnx muraenidae..

My gf completed 5 years in aug 2017 and baby was born in sept 2017.. she has compeleted 5 years before baby was born. No I don’t have ilr, does that makes any difference? . She was working and now she is a student.

Please suggest ?
Thanx a ton
Did she work for at least five years before becoming a student?
Did she have CSIC while she was a student?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

jasper1234
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by jasper1234 » Thu May 24, 2018 11:24 am

Hello Vinny/muraenidae

thann you so much for your help

when she came to UK she start working for few years and then she start studying. i dont have the exact dates when did she start and stop working and when she start studying. but i know while studying she was working as well.

in total she has completed 6 years includes studying and working.

i have check with her and she said that she had this European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) for 4-5 years, is that ok ? or does she need to have private insurance ?

now she is a student and coz of baby she is getting grant from the Student finance and also little bit of housing as well and currently she is not working .

please suggest. thank so much for help.

muraenidae

Post by muraenidae » Thu May 24, 2018 1:29 pm

jasper1234 wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 11:24 am
when she came to UK she start working for few years and then she start studying. i dont have the exact dates when did she start and stop working and when she start studying.
Well, then you need to ask her and get the exact dates.
but i know while studying she was working as well.
And how much was she earning in that time?
i have check with her and she said that she had this European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) for 4-5 years, is that ok ? or does she need to have private insurance ?
Which country issued the EHIC card? If it's issued by the UK, it's no use.

Also, what is or was she studying? Is there any chance her course could be "vocational training" for her job?

Unfortunately we can't make any real suggestions unless we have more information (a timeline!!).