ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Indefinite Leave to remain success story and Premium upgrade

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

thanos
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Indefinite Leave to remain success story and Premium upgrade

Post by thanos » Tue May 22, 2018 11:38 am

Hi everyone

I would like to share my success story on here to help people who have a similar situation to mine.

First UK visa
Date issued: February 2008
I came to the UK on a tier 4 student visa in February 2008. I completed my studies june 2013, This visa expired in September 2013. i had spent approximately 5.5years in the UK by this time.

Second UK Visa
Date issued: December 2013
After I completed my studies in 2013 I had made plans to pursue a masters degree, so i applied for a new visa in September 2013 (few days before my 1st tier 4 visa expired). Unfortunately for me I got refused because I did not provide evidence of sufficient funds as part of the requirement for a student visa. this refusal was given to me after my previous visa had expired so I was given several option:

1) 14 days to ask for an admin review
2) 28 days to make a fresh application (so i dont become an overstayer and did not break continuous leave)
3) i know there was a third option but i cannot remember if the option of appeal was available to me.

I opted for a fresh application which was made within the 28 days from the day my application was refused. It was successful and i got granted the visa in December 2013. this visa was granted until 30th of January 2015

Third UK Visa
Date issued: May 2015
I had complications during my masters degree, my university decided to extend my time to complete my studies so i was issued a new CAS statement to apply for a new visa. I applied for a new tier 4 visa on the last day my previous visa (30th January), this was an in-time application for those of you wondering if application made on the last day of a current visa is an in-time application. Unfortunately I got refused based on insufficient funds. I was refused after my visa had expired but i was able to apply for a new application within 28 days of my refusal which means i did not have a break in continuous leave. I was granted the visa in May 2015 to 31st January 2016.

Fourth UK Visa
Date issued: October 2016
this visa was the most complicated of all. I needed approximately two years to complete 10years long residency. I was finally done with education and I had no visa I could apply for to remain in the UK. I have a brother who is settled in the UK with his family and kids, i decided to apply for an FLRO visa based on my brother living in the UK and based on how close I am to his kids and the effect it would have on his kids if I was to leave the country. At the back of my mind I knew this was a weak application but I felt there was no harm in trying. I made the FLRO application 27 days after my visa previous visa had expired. This meant that i was an overstayer and if my application got refused I would have a break in continuous leave which means I would have to end my thought of getting 10 years Indefinite leave to remain. I waited for months in fear of a refusal form the home office but i never got one. 6 months after i made the application i heard nothing from the home office. I then decided to seek the advice of a solicitor who looked at all my options of staying in the UK. i told him i had a girlfriend (who had a three years valid visa) that I have been living with for only 1yr and 9 months. It was at this point my solicitor made my day, he told me he would write to the home office to vary my application and instruct them not to make a decision on the FLRO application. I had no idea what the content of the letter was to home office but he made sure he bought an extra 3 months to complete the 2years requirement for a dependant visa. Home office wrote back to my solicitor saying they would wait for whatever 'evidence' i have to vary my visa.
In October 2016 I got the good news that my visa has been granted as a dependant on my girlfriend.

Indefinite leave to remain
Date issued: May 2018
I applied for my indefinite leave to remain in March 2017 by post. I decided to upgrade my application to a premium one so i had to pay £510 extra. I had to fill the upgrade form and send an email between 8am and 12pm Monday to Thursday. On my first try i got a positive response saying my application was eligible for an upgrade. Although it took about 2.5 weeks for the upgrade fee to be deducted from my account. I had to pester the upgrade team a bit so they could respond to me on time. I then got an email that a decision has been made on my application and a different courier service will send my BRP.

this has been a journey for me but I am glad it worked out. If you have any questions please ask as i am more then willing to be of assistance.

krisbol17
Wales

Re: Indefinite Leave to remain success story and Premium upgrade

Post by krisbol17 » Tue May 22, 2018 12:39 pm

Congratulations, sounds like it's been a long journey.

Momi
United Kingdom

Post by Momi » Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:24 am

thanos wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 11:38 am
Hi everyone

I would like to share my success story on here to help people who have a similar situation to mine.

First UK visa
Date issued: February 2008
I came to the UK on a tier 4 student visa in February 2008. I completed my studies june 2013, This visa expired in September 2013. i had spent approximately 5.5years in the UK by this time.

Second UK Visa
Date issued: December 2013
After I completed my studies in 2013 I had made plans to pursue a masters degree, so i applied for a new visa in September 2013 (few days before my 1st tier 4 visa expired). Unfortunately for me I got refused because I did not provide evidence of sufficient funds as part of the requirement for a student visa. this refusal was given to me after my previous visa had expired so I was given several option:

1) 14 days to ask for an admin review
2) 28 days to make a fresh application (so i dont become an overstayer and did not break continuous leave)
3) i know there was a third option but i cannot remember if the option of appeal was available to me.

I opted for a fresh application which was made within the 28 days from the day my application was refused. It was successful and i got granted the visa in December 2013. this visa was granted until 30th of January 2015

Third UK Visa
Date issued: May 2015
I had complications during my masters degree, my university decided to extend my time to complete my studies so i was issued a new CAS statement to apply for a new visa. I applied for a new tier 4 visa on the last day my previous visa (30th January), this was an in-time application for those of you wondering if application made on the last day of a current visa is an in-time application. Unfortunately I got refused based on insufficient funds. I was refused after my visa had expired but i was able to apply for a new application within 28 days of my refusal which means i did not have a break in continuous leave. I was granted the visa in May 2015 to 31st January 2016.

Fourth UK Visa
this visa was the most complicated of all. I needed approximately two years to complete 10years long residency. I was finally done with education and I had no visa I could apply for to remain in the UK. I have a brother who is settled in the UK with his family and kids, i decided to apply for an FLRO visa based on my brother living in the UK and based on how close I am to his kids and the effect it would have on his kids if I was to leave the country. At the back of my mind I knew this was a weak application but I felt there was no harm in trying. I made the FLRO application 27 days after my visa previous visa had expired. This meant that i was an overstayer and if my application got refused I would have a break in continuous leave which means I would have to end my thought of getting 10 years Indefinite leave to remain. I waited for months in fear of a refusal form the home office but i never got one. 6 months after i made the application i heard nothing from the home office. I then decided to seek the advice of a solicitor who looked at all my options of staying in the UK. i told him i had a girlfriend (who had a three years valid visa) that I have been living with for only 1yr and 9 months. It was at this point my solicitor made my day, he told me he would write to the home office to vary my application and instruct them not to make a decision on the FLRO application. I had no idea what the content of the letter was to home office but he made sure he bought an extra 3 months to complete the 2years requirement for a dependant visa. Home office wrote back to my solicitor saying they would wait for whatever 'evidence' i have to vary my visa.
In October 2016 I got the good news that my visa has been granted as a dependant on my girlfriend.

I applied for my indefinite leave to remain in March 2017 by post. I decided to upgrade my application to a premium one so i had to pay £510 extra. I had to fill the upgrade form and send an email between 8am and 12pm Monday to Thursday. On my first try i got a positive response saying my application was eligible for an upgrade. Although it took about 2.5 weeks for the upgrade fee to be deducted from my account. I had to pester the upgrade team a bit so they could respond to me on time. I then got an email that a decision has been made on my application and a different courier service will send my BRP.

this has been a journey for me but I am glad it worked out. If you have any questions please ask as i am more then willing to be of assistance.
Can you please share the email address on which you sent email to upgrade.
Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:50 am

Momi wrote:
Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:24 am
Thanks
Google???

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... quest-form
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Momi
United Kingdom

Post by Momi » Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:47 am

CR001 wrote:
Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:50 am
Momi wrote:
Thanks
Google???

Found last night. Thanks 🙏🏻

heyaheya
Member of Standing

Post by heyaheya » Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:58 am

CR001 wrote:
Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:50 am
Momi wrote:
Thanks
Google???

that is so helpful thanks cr001. i was always wondering if thats even possible!!

gbptier1general
BANNED

Post by gbptier1general » Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:36 am

thanos wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 11:38 am
Hi everyone

Fourth UK Visa

Hi Thanos,
From what to which visa did u vary in 4th UK-Visa,whr ur solicitor helped you?
"It was at this point my solicitor made my day, he told me he would write to the home office to vary my application and instruct them not to make a decision on the FLRO application. I had no idea what the content of the letter was to home office but he made sure he bought an extra 3 months to complete the 2years requirement for a dependant visa."

Could u pls for Heavens sake highlight few points:- on what did ur Solicitor wrote in covering Doc to buy out 3-MONTHS!!!
Thanks&Congrats too.
Pls try give some HOPE to others from ur SUCCESS too. NOT just difficulties.
Pls give atlest some LIME Light.
Believe In Reality