ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Date of application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

robinpaul78
Mood:
United Kingdom

Date of application

Post by robinpaul78 » Tue May 22, 2018 7:39 pm

Hey There,

This might be a silly question..... but I thought I'll ask instead of assuming stuff at my end.
There is a requirement for citizenship via naturalization include:
* you meet the residency requirement
* you were in the UK exactly 5 years before the day the Home Office receives your application

As the process if online now, will the date of the Home Office application be the date when the payment is made OR will it be the date when the documents are submitted to NCS for scanning?

As I have a number of work-related absences 5 years ago during this time, I just want to ensure that i get the interpretation right.

Regards
Robin

dontringthebell
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Date of application

Post by dontringthebell » Tue May 22, 2018 8:04 pm

date when the documents are submitted to NCS for scanning
Don't misconstrue my views for professional immigration advice, just trying to give back to a community that helped me through my journey.

WP-> HSMP-> Tier 2G D-> ILR-> BC-> OCI

muraenidae

Post by muraenidae » Tue May 22, 2018 11:18 pm

If you do a paper application and go thorough NCS, it's the day of the NCS appointment.

If you do an online application and NDRS, it is the day you submit your online application (and make the payment).

robinpaul78
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by robinpaul78 » Wed May 23, 2018 4:15 pm

Thank you for your replies.

nafe12

Post by nafe12 » Thu May 24, 2018 10:17 am

muraenidae wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 11:18 pm
If you do an online application and NDRS, it is the day you submit your online application (and make the payment).
In that case, is it OK to have the referee forms (and other supporting materials) dated AFTER the date of the online application (but before NDRS + submission to HO)?
Or must everything be dated the same day as the online application?