ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Re enter UK after employment termination

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

seank
Newly Registered

Re enter UK after employment termination

Post by seank » Fri May 25, 2018 12:25 am

Hi,

I am on tier 2 visa at the moment. I'm outside of UK for some holiday but received an email today which states my employment has terminated from today.
I had a job offer from a company which has tier 2 license which accepted that last month. They have advertised the job two weeks back, hopefully, after another two weeks they will be able to issue CoS for me and I can apply for the new visa.

I am not sure if my employer notified UKBA already? I am worried if I can get back to UK now? all my stuff left there.. plus I'd need to be in UK for applying for the new visa.

cyclina1
Hong Kong

Re: Re enter UK after employment termination

Post by cyclina1 » Fri May 25, 2018 1:57 pm

Yes. you can come back to the UK as long as your visa is still valid. Your stay maybe curtailed after your employer notice UKVI but you should receive the letter from the UKVI.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice.

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri May 25, 2018 3:34 pm

They may refuse you entry.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

seank
Newly Registered

Post by seank » Fri May 25, 2018 9:12 pm

vinny wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 3:34 pm
They may refuse you entry.
Thanks for your reply.
Even though my employment is terminated but I have one month notice, although my company told me that I do not need to work my notice period. I wonder if I attempt to enter UK within my notice period, would this still count as the change of the purpose?