ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa for Baby born in UK and IHS

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

HBBB
Iran

Visa for Baby born in UK and IHS

Post by HBBB » Fri May 25, 2018 10:45 am

Hi Everyone,

My baby was born in Feb 2018 in UK while we were here for more than 3 years on T2(G). I need to take him abroad and it seems he needs a visa as my dependent in order to be able to enter UK again. On GOV website it says you don't need a visa for a baby born here to live but you need one to take him abroad. When I try to apply a visa for him, it asks for IHS which I don't completly understand.

When he is allowed to reside here in UK without paying IHS, why he has to pay IHS if he wants to go abroad?

We have extened our T2 once which is valid until Dec 2020.

Am I doing anything wrongwith his application? I applied for a PBS-dependent visa for him. haven't posted the documents yet.

Kind Regards,
Hamed

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Visa for Baby born in UK and IHS

Post by CR001 » Fri May 25, 2018 10:50 am

He has to pay IHS if you apply for his visa. It is mandatory.

He doesn't need a visa to LEAVE the UK. He needs a visa to come back. You can apply from home country when ready to come back if you wish but he will still have to pay IHS.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.