ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa application

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Raneen
Newly Registered
Egypt

Visa application

Post by Raneen » Fri May 25, 2018 5:31 pm

Hey guys, i wish someone can help me with this, my parents are applying for uk visa to visit me. My first question is they are not going to be staying with me shall they apply for tourist or family visa ?
The second question my dad is the one sponsoring both visas, so the part where it asks about the cost living and those things on my mum’s application what should i put down as they are only attahing my dad’s bank statement so the fianances part of the visa on my mum’s is a bit confusing. Can anyone help me with that please ?
Thanks,

Faheems1
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Re: Visa application

Post by Faheems1 » Mon May 28, 2018 7:34 am

If you are a British citizen, it can be a family visa or a tourist visa. Doesn’t make a lot of difference. I am in similar situation (parents won’t stay with me), but i used the family visa.

My parents application is currently pending.

On your mums visa put down the estimated costs but then there’s a section that says is someone else paying for it, put down your dad in it.

Now are you using the Visa4uk or the gov.uk site because from what I understand gov.uk doesn’t have distinguished family or tourist option. Also the form is a lot better than Visa4uk.

I did use Visa4uk though. Didn’t know at the time.