ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 General Swicth employer- Cos Work dates

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

pakkudu
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Tier 2 General Swicth employer- Cos Work dates

Post by pakkudu » Fri May 25, 2018 11:44 pm

Hello,

I am an NHS staff nurse currently on tier 2 genereal visa expiring in two years only. I am planning to change employer. Got new CoS today. it says, use within 3 months

Work date :
Start date :- 18th June 2018

Is it mandatory to apply for new visa before 18th June ? or can I apply anytime within the CoS use-by dates ?

I have a 6 weeks notice period with my current employer. If I apply for visa before work start date 18th June, and receive new visa quickly, I can't complete my notice period ?

I am planning to apply for visa just before my notice period ends .

Please advise.

Thanks

UKLL
Member of Standing
Malaysia

Re: Tier 2 General Swicth employer- Cos Work dates

Post by UKLL » Sat May 26, 2018 11:24 am

pakkudu wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 11:44 pm
Hello,

I am an NHS staff nurse currently on tier 2 genereal visa expiring in two years only. I am planning to change employer. Got new CoS today. it says, use within 3 months

Work date :
Start date :- 18th June 2018

Is it mandatory to apply for new visa before 18th June ? or can I apply anytime within the CoS use-by dates ?

I have a 6 weeks notice period with my current employer. If I apply for visa before work start date 18th June, and receive new visa quickly, I can't complete my notice period ?

I am planning to apply for visa just before my notice period ends .

Please advise.

Thanks
You can apply anytime within the CoS use by dates. It sounds like you are going to resign before you make the visa application and if this is the case it will be a very very unwise move. This is because once you resign and say your last date with your current employer is 30th July, your current employer will inform the Home Office and your current visa will be curtailed to near that date, and if your new visa application is refused, then you will either need to leave the country before the curtailed date or make a new visa application before the curtailed date expires.

If you are willing to take risk, then that's fine. I made a change of employer tier 2 application before and it was refused. Luckily I did not hand in my notice so I am still with my current employer, otherwise I would have had left the UK already.

dontringthebell
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by dontringthebell » Sat May 26, 2018 11:27 am

Apply immediately, don't resign but request for a new start date on visa to start from 18th June 2018.
Don't misconstrue my views for professional immigration advice, just trying to give back to a community that helped me through my journey.

WP-> HSMP-> Tier 2G D-> ILR-> BC-> OCI

pakkudu
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by pakkudu » Wed May 30, 2018 11:50 pm

Many thanks UKLL , dontringthebell .
Cheers for your help. I will do exactly as you said. Unfortunately, I have handed over the notice already.
But I will apply for the visa ASAP.

One more question.

I came to UK on tier 2 general - as staff nurse on 2014. i renewed my visa on 2017 Sep for another 3 year with my same employer. Now I am changing to a new employer . Is that a problem ? Can I do this ? Because I have recently (8months before ) renewed to another three year . Is there a maximum of 6 year or something for tier 2?

Appreciate your help.

Thanks in advance.

pakkudu
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by pakkudu » Wed May 30, 2018 11:54 pm

also, Is it okay to work during the notice period for the old employer after getting a new visa?

dontringthebell
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by dontringthebell » Thu May 31, 2018 12:11 am

pakkudu wrote:
Wed May 30, 2018 11:50 pm
Cheers for your help. I will do exactly as you said. Unfortunately, I have handed over the notice already.

One more question.

I came to UK on tier 2 general - as staff nurse on 2014. i renewed my visa on 2017 Sep for another 3 year with my same employer. Now I am changing to a new employer . Is that a problem? Yes Can I do this? Yes Because I have recently (8months before ) renewed to another three year . Is there a maximum of 6 year or something for tier 2? Yes

Appreciate your help.

Thanks in advance.
pakkudu wrote:
Wed May 30, 2018 11:54 pm
also, Is it okay to work during the notice period for the old employer after getting a new visa?as long as your new leave does not start before you current notice period ends, which should not happen as when you apply you would mention your circumstances
Don't misconstrue my views for professional immigration advice, just trying to give back to a community that helped me through my journey.

WP-> HSMP-> Tier 2G D-> ILR-> BC-> OCI

UKLL
Member of Standing
Malaysia

Post by UKLL » Thu May 31, 2018 7:14 pm

pakkudu wrote:
Wed May 30, 2018 11:50 pm

One more question.

I came to UK on tier 2 general - as staff nurse on 2014. i renewed my visa on 2017 Sep for another 3 year with my same employer. Now I am changing to a new employer . Is that a problem ? Can I do this ? Because I have recently (8months before ) renewed to another three year . Is there a maximum of 6 year or something for tier 2?
6 years in total

Appreciate your help.

Thanks in advance.

UKLL
Member of Standing
Malaysia

Post by UKLL » Thu May 31, 2018 7:15 pm

pakkudu wrote:
Wed May 30, 2018 11:54 pm
also, Is it okay to work during the notice period for the old employer after getting a new visa?
You can work until the Start Date stated on your new CoS

Notice period is not a legal requirement but a professional requirement

pakkudu
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by pakkudu » Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:09 pm

Thanks All.

Got the visa now.

One day application worked well.

had to wait one month for appointment though.

Many thanks for the support

pakkudu
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by pakkudu » Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:12 pm

dontringthebell wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 11:27 am
Apply immediately, don't resign but request for a new start date on visa to start from 18th June 2018.

Thanks mate.

all good.

Got the visa now.

cheers for your help