ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I book PEO Appointment before Making Application

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

RBC
Newly Registered
United States of America

Can I book PEO Appointment before Making Application

Post by RBC » Sat May 26, 2018 9:33 am

Hi, this site has been a great resource to me and I've been very grateful for the many answers to questions that have come up along the journey of my Tier 2 visa journey. :D I am now ready to apply for ILR and have this question: Am I able to book my PEO appointment before making application? I would like to apply 12 July in person (based on 28 day rule before completing 5 year period).

1. Does this mean I cannot apply online for my ILR until 12 July? Importantly, is this day you apply online your application date (or is it your appointment date)?

2. If this is the case, is it possible to make the PEO appointment before this date, without applying yet--it is not clear whether this can be done (I've started the process on the UK GOV site, but it appears I have to pay for the whole application/PEO appointment together---not just pay for the appointment).

I'm asking because I'm hoping to find an appointment as close to 12 July as possible. If I apply on 12 July, the appointments for that day (or close to it) would unlikely be available as they are released 45 days prior to the date. I am hoping to be able to make my appointment first, then apply on 12 July online.
I have tried to search for this specific topic--apologies if this has been answered somewhere on this form.
Thank you so much!

CMOSUK
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Can I book PEO Appointment before Making Application

Post by CMOSUK » Sun May 27, 2018 4:25 pm

RBC wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 9:33 am
Hi, this site has been a great resource to me and I've been very grateful for the many answers to questions that have come up along the journey of my Tier 2 visa journey. :D I am now ready to apply for ILR and have this question: Am I able to book my PEO appointment before making application? I would like to apply 12 July in person (based on 28 day rule before completing 5 year period).

1. Does this mean I cannot apply online for my ILR until 12 July? Importantly, is this day you apply online your application date (or is it your appointment date)?

2. If this is the case, is it possible to make the PEO appointment before this date, without applying yet--it is not clear whether this can be done (I've started the process on the UK GOV site, but it appears I have to pay for the whole application/PEO appointment together---not just pay for the appointment).

I'm asking because I'm hoping to find an appointment as close to 12 July as possible. If I apply on 12 July, the appointments for that day (or close to it) would unlikely be available as they are released 45 days prior to the date. I am hoping to be able to make my appointment first, then apply on 12 July online.
I have tried to search for this specific topic--apologies if this has been answered somewhere on this form.
Thank you so much!
I don't understand your question,

If you are applying online, you apply or submit the application on the date or within the qualifying period minus 28 days of the qualifying period.

For PSC appointments, you can book a maximum of up to 45 days prior to an application of ILR BUT this must fall with in your qualifying period.
These are my 'views' and 'opinions'.
If in doubt always seek professional advice, or at least do a search for the relevant information. :P

If i make any mistakes, You are more than welcome to correct me.

RBC
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by RBC » Wed May 30, 2018 8:09 am

Thanks, CMOSUK

Sorry my question was confusing... I was unsure about what was the actual date of the application (the date applying online or the date of PEO appointment).

I have since went back to the PEO appointment page, and it said that it is the appointment date that has to be within 28 days of the qualifying appointment, but I didn't see this at first.

I have to bring a paper application for this appointment (so, not apply online anyway).

Thanks anyway for your response :D

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed May 30, 2018 8:38 am

Date of application is date of in person appointment.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

RBC
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by RBC » Wed May 30, 2018 7:37 pm

Thanks CR001 for the clarification of the application date. :D

I've booked my in person appointment within 28 days before completing my qualifying period -- on 12 July.

My date of Entry Clearance stamp (Tier 2 General)was 6 August 2013, so I calculated the date of completion of qualifying 5 Year Period as 7 August 2018. This would mean the earliest I could attend the appointment would be 10 July 2018 (subtracting 28 days), which is why I chose 12 July to be safely within.

Am I correct in my interpretation of the rule and calculation?

Thanks, as I want to make sure I understand this correctly. Your help is and would be greatly appreciated. :)