ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

discretionary MN1 registration of child without ILR

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

dayesto123
Newly Registered

discretionary MN1 registration of child without ILR

Post by dayesto123 » Sun May 27, 2018 12:12 am

Hi all,

I thought I should share my case if it could help anyone out there. I took a risk with applying for British citizen for my daughter without ilr after reading various positive and negative treads about it. for example ... british-citizenship/re-born-abroad-chil ... R#p1434218

To be honest BIG Dobby case in the link above inspired me to take the risk and I am very greatful to him for his effort, his support and motivation. I owe him a big thank you where ever he is.

some of the things that helped my case is as folows..
1- My daughter is 6 years old and was born in canada and came to this contry as an infant- (2months old) and has remained here so far apart from various holidays outside the country. she was on the dependant visa.

2- Father is British, 2 siblings are British because they where born here, and mother has ILR

3- We own our own home, working full time and I got a letter from almost everyone Big dobby suggested such as, GP, school teacher, british friends, employers, pictures Priest. unfortunately my MP refused to provide me with a letter. I wrote a very strong compasonate letter too and used evidence to back my case.

In summary this option is not for the faint hearted as it took me 6 weeks to make up my mind to do it, and I was prepared to go through the process of reconsideration appeal, Judiciary review etc if it came to that. I did it because I wanted to save some money so I applied online a day before her visa expired and sent my evidence a week later. It took only 2 months to get a decision and I got the registration certificate. I was surprised because I was expecting it to take 12 months at least but to my surprise. I am super excited. So goodluck to any one consedering this option and remember robust evidence is the key!

ouflak1

Re: discretionary MN1 registration of child without ILR

Post by ouflak1 » Mon May 28, 2018 11:55 am

This is additional discretion prescribed in the rules if the child has siblings who are already British.