ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Stamp 4 EUFam - Residence Permit

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

askforjain99
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

EU treaty rights

Post by askforjain99 » Wed May 09, 2018 4:56 pm

Hi All,

I am British national and my wife an Indian national. We have moved from United Kingdom (England) to Republic of Ireland (ROI) on November 2016.

Her UK visa was expired on 21 December 2017.
To obtain residence permit she has filled “EU1 Form” - “Application for a Residence Card For a qualifying family member of a Union citizen.

This form is to be completed by each non-EEA national applying for a residence card as the qualifying family member of a European Union citizen under the European Communities (Free Movement of Persons) Regulations 2015.

She has valid visa / residence permit (stamp 4) until December 2022 for Republic of Ireland.

So my queries:

Since husband is British national and wife has valid residence permit for ROI, can she visit United Kingdom without visa (accompanying all the time with EU national).

Many thanks and Best regards,

SJ

shpirtshqipe
Member of Standing

Re: EU treaty rights

Post by shpirtshqipe » Wed May 09, 2018 5:24 pm

If she has STAMP 4 ONLY:
She will require a UK visitor visa and Re-entry visa to Ireland regardless of being accompanied or not by EU Citizen.

If she has EUFAM Residence Card:
She doesn’t need UK Visa when accompanied by the EU Citizen and she doesn’t need a re-entry visa to Ireland.

askforjain99
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: EU treaty rights

Post by askforjain99 » Thu May 10, 2018 2:17 pm

Thanks for your reply.
I am wondering if you can share any link / website so I can take print out to explain officers at immigration check point.

askforjain99
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Stamp 4 EUFam - Residence Permit

Post by askforjain99 » Wed May 30, 2018 9:26 am

Hi All,

I am British national and my wife is an Indian national. We have moved from UK to Republic of Ireland (ROI) on Nov’ 2016 and her UK visa was expired on Dec 21st 2017.

To obtain residence permit she has filled “EU1 Form” - “Application for a Residence Card for a Qualifying Family Member of a Union Citizen. This form is to be completed by each non-EEA national applying for a residence card as the qualifying family member of a European Union citizen under the European Communities (Free Movement of Persons) Regulations 2015.

Now, she has valid residence permit (Stamp 4 EUFam) until July’ 2022 for Republic of Ireland.
In the attached letter which came with residence permit card stated: - ‘This permit does not allow you to travel freely of live elsewhere within the EU/EEA. Normal visa and immigration rules apply’.

So my queries:

Since husband is British / EU national and wife has valid residence permit (Stamp 4 EU Fam) for ROI, can she visit United Kingdom and France without visa (accompanying all the time with EU national)?

It would be really appreciated if you can share any link so I will take out print out and carry with me during immigration checks.

Many thanks and best regards,

AJ

masterboy123
Member of Standing
Ireland

Re: Stamp 4 EUFam - Residence Permit

Post by masterboy123 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:00 pm

Best would be to contact local embassy of countries where you plan to visit. Then you can take copy of embassy letter with yourself

jul1
Mood:
Ireland

Re: Stamp 4 EUFam - Residence Permit

Post by jul1 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:14 pm

askforjain99 wrote:
Wed May 30, 2018 9:26 am
Hi All,

I am British national and my wife is an Indian national. We have moved from UK to Republic of Ireland (ROI) on Nov’ 2016 and her UK visa was expired on Dec 21st 2017.

To obtain residence permit she has filled “EU1 Form” - “Application for a Residence Card for a Qualifying Family Member of a Union Citizen. This form is to be completed by each non-EEA national applying for a residence card as the qualifying family member of a European Union citizen under the European Communities (Free Movement of Persons) Regulations 2015.

Now, she has valid residence permit (Stamp 4 EUFam) until July’ 2022 for Republic of Ireland.
In the attached letter which came with residence permit card stated: - ‘This permit does not allow you to travel freely of live elsewhere within the EU/EEA. Normal visa and immigration rules apply’.

So my queries:

Since husband is British / EU national and wife has valid residence permit (Stamp 4 EU Fam) for ROI, can she visit United Kingdom and France without visa (accompanying all the time with EU national)?

It would be really appreciated if you can share any link so I will take out print out and carry with me during immigration checks.

Many thanks and best regards,

AJ

Yes you can travel to any EEA country on the stamp4 eu fam card, if ur travelling together and u can present the original marriage cert (they never look for that btw)
My wife has the same card and we travelled to UK and Spain already without any issue.

What u can claim:

https://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/t ... dex_en.htm

"Visa exemptions
Your non-EU spouse, (grand)children or (grand)parents do not need to get a visa from the country they are travelling to if:

They have an EU family member's residence card issued under EU rules by any EU country (except the country you are a national of), and they are travelling together with you or travelling to join you in another EU country. The residence card should clearly state that the holder is a family member of an EU national.
Sample story
Holders of an EU family member's residence card don't need to obtain a visa if travelling with an EU national
Ying, the Chinese spouse of a German national living in Finland, has been issued an EU family member's residence card in Finland. Ying and her husband wish to travel to Romania for an autumn break. As Ying has a valid passport and an EU family member's residence card, she is not required to obtain an entry visa to travel to Romania with her husband."

Altough in Ireland the card doesnt say eu family member, it just says stamp 4 eufam, but that is the same, it was issued based on article 10, freedom of movement, 2004/38.