ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New born baby to Indian Parent on Tier 2 general visa

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sunylkumar
Newly Registered
India

New born baby to Indian Parent on Tier 2 general visa

Post by sunylkumar » Wed May 30, 2018 12:58 pm

Hello all,

I am new to this form and I have gone through previous topics to see if I can find an answer, but I am still not fully clear on this topic. okay, here is my situation.

My child was born on 2nd of May 2018 in the UK while I was still on Tier 2 general visa and I got my ILR on the 9th of may. So my child does not automatically become a British citizen if I am not wrong. So what is the procedure to apply for British citizenship for my child.

1. Should I apply an Indian passport for my child before applying for British citizenship?
2. Should I apply for an ILR dependant for my child before applying for British citizenship?
3. can I apply for a British citizenship for my child using the MN1 form directly without any of the above?
4. or is there any time scale where in my child is automatically a British citizen.

any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

dontringthebell
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: New born baby to Indian Parent on Tier 2 general visa

Post by dontringthebell » Wed May 30, 2018 11:57 pm

sunylkumar wrote:
Wed May 30, 2018 12:58 pm
Hello all,

I am new to this form and I have gone through previous topics to see if I can find an answer, but I am still not fully clear on this topic. okay, here is my situation.

My child was born on 2nd of May 2018 in the UK while I was still on Tier 2 general visa and I got my ILR on the 9th of may. So my child does not automatically become a British citizen if I am not wrong. So what is the procedure to apply for British citizenship for my child.

1. Should I apply an Indian passport for my child before applying for British citizenship?
2. Should I apply for an ILR dependant for my child before applying for British citizenship?
3. can I apply for a British citizenship for my child using the MN1 form directly without any of the above?Yes
4. or is there any time scale where in my child is automatically a British citizen.

any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Don't misconstrue my views for professional immigration advice, just trying to give back to a community that helped me through my journey.

WP-> HSMP-> Tier 2G D-> ILR-> BC-> OCI