ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child born in uk application for British passport

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

claraluh
United Kingdom

Child born in uk application for British passport

Post by claraluh » Thu May 31, 2018 4:31 pm

Hello everyone,

I’m here today on behalf of a friend. We’d like to know if a child was born in UK but at the time of birth the parents were not yet permanent residents or British citnzens but now the Father has became a British Citzen, can the child apply straight for a British passport or does it have to go through a registration as a british process?

Many Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Child born in uk application for British passport

Post by CR001 » Thu May 31, 2018 4:52 pm

Only British citizens can apply for a British passport. The child is NOT British if born before either parent obtained ILR or PR.

Child must be registered on MN1 first. Proof of parent(s) ILR/PR will be required.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

claraluh
United Kingdom

Post by claraluh » Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:15 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu May 31, 2018 4:52 pm
Only British citizens can apply for a British passport. The child is NOT British if born before either parent obtained ILR or PR.

Child must be registered on MN1 first. Proof of parent(s) ILR/PR will be required.
Thanks a lot CR001, this is what I thought, but I don't know why the local post office told my friend that she could apply straight to the passport, maybe they missunderstood her situation.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:16 pm

Post Office staff are not immigration advisors or necessarily have knowledge of citizenship laws.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.